Does anyone have any tips on locating the sun visor holes on a new/repro cardboard headliner? I’d rather not screw up the new one by hole searching once its installed. I don’t have the old headliner to use as a reference (and often times these wonderful repro pieces aren’t quite the same as original. Any help is appreciated!
Couple other things you can do here. One is to measure the location of the holes from known points on your cab before installing the headliner, then remeasure the hole locations on the headliner after installed.
OR
Before you install your headliner, take a piece of paper and make your own template. If your finger or thumb is not quite clean, when you rub over the holes on your paper, it will leave a silhouette of the hole. Install headliner, transfer holes, etc.
Cut one out, check it and let us know? 1954-55 1st Series do not have the garnish moulding so that reference is out. I am curious as to how close it may be?
Cut one out, check it and let us know? 1954-55 1st Series do not have the garnish moulding so that reference is out. I am curious as to how close it may be?
That’ll be the plan once i have A minute! Should happen in the next week for sure (at least i hope!)
I have NOT done this but its an idea I have for the next one...........cut the head off the screws and then grind a sharp point on one end. Then screw it into the holes for the sun visor. Once you get the headliner where you want it then just press into/onto the sharp points. Once your satisfied take the headless ones out put in the good ones.
.....not sure his will work but I'm willing to try it next time. (just thinking out side the box)
Note: depending on how much trouble your having you can leave the headless screws in or out as much as you want to.
Sometimes, people will ask how I made the headliner in the Suburban. Paper, tape, then transfer the pattern to the headliner material. The only time I wanted a factory template was for the factory position of the side tail lights. Otherwise, all the holes and reliefs are already there. Ya just gotta pick a method to transfer them.