I'm ready for some new SB shirts as well! I'm wearing the "Winter Classic" shirt we had our names printed on from way back when...the ones that all had SWEET printed under our names...lol
I'm with Alvin, no light colors...and dark blue and black are to hot...my go to color seems to be Gray.
Mike B
Mike Boteler
1956 Chevy 3100 Resto Rod 1952 Willys M38 Army Jeep 1983 Jeep CJ7 Laredo 1984 Jeep CJ7 +++++ Silver Spring, MD
I second the motion to shelve the special event shirt and go with a new design Stovebolt shirt.
I also make a motion to use gray as the shirt color. With a pocket. Gray is a good neutral color and not too hot.
I should have a price list tonight from A&S printing and will post that list. Don
Last edited by 2-Ton; 02/11/20206:45 PM.
1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck "The Flag Pole" In the Stovebolt Gallery 1946 2-Ton grain truck 1946 3/4-ton pickup, 1953 1-ton pickup 1957 1-ton flatbed dually, 1954 Pontiac Straight Eight Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!
I too agree shelving the event shirt for one that is Stovebolt.com in nature for a few reasons:
1. Customability - If the same shirt company is used as before, the purchaser has the ability to take the given design and place it on the color of shirt they choose.
2. John spends a TON of time making these items for sale for the site.
3. Most importantly, the proceeds for the shirt go to Stovebolt.com to help fund the sight.
SWEET Sergeant At Arms: Old Dominion Stovebolt Society BUNS?!?!?!Where we're going, we don't need no buns..... 1950 GMC 450 1951 Chevy 1/2-Ton The GreenMachine In the Stovebolt Gallery
On our way to the doctor's, we were noticing good color combinations. Various shades of beige, gray, green. The gloomy sky and rain, really brought out the way the colors in the woods interact. Like the shades of rust, grease, and dirt.
Peg (I just had to say it!)
~ Peggy M 1949 Chevrolet 3804 "Charlie" - The Stovebolt Flagship In the Gallery "We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill
Peggy, so what you were really doing was trying to make something positive out of this rainy, gray, ugly weather pattern we are in here in Murland, right? I guess it could be worse, the weather lady on WTOP said if the temperature were lower, the rain we got the other day would have been over 2' of snow. Homey don't want that. Another month or so and my 41 year side career in snow removal will be over Whoo Hoooo!
~ Billy Old Dominion Stovebolt Society: Exotic Animal Division 1946 Chevrolet Cab Over Engine | In the Gallery | Video | More pictures 1959 GMC 860 | Pictures 1950 Chevrolet 3800 | Pictures I've got a trailer and I'm not afraid to use it!
Here is the price list I got just now from A&S screen printing.
Hope this works! Don
Edit: looks like we can get the pocket T's for well under 15 bucks a shirt. If we order 24 or more. Don
Last edited by 2-Ton; 02/12/202012:43 AM.
1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck "The Flag Pole" In the Stovebolt Gallery 1946 2-Ton grain truck 1946 3/4-ton pickup, 1953 1-ton pickup 1957 1-ton flatbed dually, 1954 Pontiac Straight Eight Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!
So Chris, does that mean you will make the Homecoming?
Don
1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck "The Flag Pole" In the Stovebolt Gallery 1946 2-Ton grain truck 1946 3/4-ton pickup, 1953 1-ton pickup 1957 1-ton flatbed dually, 1954 Pontiac Straight Eight Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!
Wayne 1938 1-Ton Farm Truck Stovebolt Gallery Forums 1989 Silverado 1996 Mustang GT convertible When I die, I hope she doesn't sell everything for what I told her I paid for it!
~ Peggy M 1949 Chevrolet 3804 "Charlie" - The Stovebolt Flagship In the Gallery "We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill
Missed you Peg!!! So happy you're back with us - although I know you've always been with us in spirit!
~ Victor 1941 3/4-Ton Pickup (in process). Read about it in the DITY Gallery 1955 Grumman Kurbside "Doughboy" 235/3 on tree w/ OD 1957 3100 - moved on 1959 C4500 Short Bus "Magic Bus" - moved on 1959 G3800 1 Ton Dually "Chief" - moved on 1958 C4400 Viking "Thor" ~ moved on to fellow Bolter
.....hey, who remembers the purple ones? I thought they looked good with the embroidery on them. OK>>>OK>>> I'm going out to the shop so I won't see the replies to this post. heheheheheehhe
I have one somewhere Alvin. The purple ones looked good and made with quality, but were too hot for that weekend. I guess it could called a vintage shirt now. I believe it was at the 2009 Reunion. My first one.
Don
1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck "The Flag Pole" In the Stovebolt Gallery 1946 2-Ton grain truck 1946 3/4-ton pickup, 1953 1-ton pickup 1957 1-ton flatbed dually, 1954 Pontiac Straight Eight Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!
We understand Chris Family and work comes first. This is just a hobby and a social circle. Let me know if you'll be at the lake next summer and maybe we can meet up again at that funny grill.
Don
Last edited by 2-Ton; 02/13/20203:18 AM.
1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck "The Flag Pole" In the Stovebolt Gallery 1946 2-Ton grain truck 1946 3/4-ton pickup, 1953 1-ton pickup 1957 1-ton flatbed dually, 1954 Pontiac Straight Eight Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!