Hello my name is Pat and I recently acquired a 1951 GMC 253-22. The truck was pretty much original except the original 228 was long gone, in it's place was a worn out 270. Fortunately I had a 248, completely overhauled by my Dad 45 years ago.
So far I have replaced, overhauled or repaired:
Engine, freshly overhauled 248 bored .060 over. I completely disassembled the engine to make sure all the clearances were good and that there was no rust, very surprised to find everything was in great shape. King Pins Front wheel cylinders (shoes and drums were in good shape) Steering gear Driveline Clutch
I am in the process of converting to a 14 bolt rear axle, I will start a new thread documenting that project that is already in process.
Welcome to the Stovebolt madness. There is no cure!
Looks like you’ve got a good start. Please read through all the various Forums and post questions in the appropriate ones.
Martin '62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress) '47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project) ‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily) ‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence) “I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one! Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop! USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)
Welcome to Stovebolt. I've always loved, and wanted, me a short flat bed with duals like you have. Nice looking truck. Trucks will earn their keep but a car is an abcess on a mans pocket book! Keep us posted. See you around the garage.
Phil Moderator, The Engine Shop, Interiors and Project Journals
1952 Chevrolet 3100, Three on the Tree, 4:11 torque tube Updated to: ‘59 235 w/hydraulic lifters, 12v w/alternator, HEI, PCV and Power front Disc Brakes Project Journals Stovebolt Gallery Forum
Welcome aboard, where in the state of Washington are you at?
1953 Chevrolet 3100 261 cu inch, sm420, 3.55 rear, torque tube still,omaha orange, still 6 volt, RPO green glass, side carrier spare, all done In the DITY Gallery Video of the 261 running
1964 GMC 1000 305 Big Block V6, sm420, the next cab off restoration
~ Craig 1958 Viking 4400 "The Book of Thor" Read the story in the DITY 1960 Chevrolet C10 "A Family Heirloom" Follow the story in the DITY Gallery '59 Apache 31, 327 V8 (0.030 over), Muncie M20 4 Speed, GM 10 Bolt Rear... long term project (30 years and counting)
If you don't like driving yourTruck, you won't drive yourTruck..| Living life in the SLOW lane