The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (BCBill, Gdads51, Lightholder's Dad, joe apple, Hawkman, greenie-reddy, TUTS 59), 190 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,101
Posts1,056,176
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1333281 11/11/2019 4:27 AM
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 40
P
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
P Offline
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 40
Hello, what a great site! I've picked up some great info even before joining. 3 weeks ago I bought a 1946 PW. Luckily, it appears almost completely original and is rust free.

I have a couple questions.
1. What engine is this? Engine stamped "DEA70589"
2. There is a spacer under the carb that has a vacuum line run to it from the carb. There is a butterfly in it that appears to be actuated by some mechanism inside of it. What is it and what does it do?

Thanks,
Pat


1946 PW Grain truck, 1966 C10 long stepside, 1972 C20 Custom Camper Big Block, 1975 C10 Silverado OE big block.
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Welcome to the Stovebolt madness. There is no cure! Questions are better asked in the garage forums. shake


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 473
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 473
How about some pics to get things started.

Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,969
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,969
The thing under the carburetor is a governor. It can limit the speed of the engine and the vehicle. Most often found on commercial and military trucks. It's adjustable.

D is the letter code for 1946. I'm not sure about the rest.


Professional Novice
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 40
P
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
P Offline
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 40
Thanks. I'll repost in the shop section. I'm trying to figure out how to get the pics on a server...


1946 PW Grain truck, 1966 C10 long stepside, 1972 C20 Custom Camper Big Block, 1975 C10 Silverado OE big block.
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Welcome to the Stovebolt. See you around the garage forums.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,441
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,441
Welcome to the 'bolt. You can find the instruction on posting pix in the left hand column.


Another quality post.
Real Trucks Rattle
HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 40
P
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
P Offline
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 40
Thanks, got it.


1946 PW Grain truck, 1966 C10 long stepside, 1972 C20 Custom Camper Big Block, 1975 C10 Silverado OE big block.

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0