The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Bill Hanlon, Tom McGrath, GMCJammer51, WICruiser), 84 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,117
Posts1,056,296
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1326474 09/17/2019 3:49 AM
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 122
J
JD1
Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 122
I have an original bumper filler panel that is a little rough but probably salvageable.
I see a repo bumper filler panel is like $80.
What kind of quality are the repos? Can anyone recommend a brand?
My guess it would take a couple hours of labor and some bondo to smooth the original.



1951 Chevy 3100 1/2 ton (1957 235, 4 speed, 411 rear)
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 2,168
F
Fox Offline
A teacher, but always an apprentice.
A teacher, but always an apprentice.
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 2,168
Reproductions have been a terrible hit and miss for me. Usually they miss by a lot. If it wasn't too bad, I'd use the original. I can't speak to a bumper filler panel, but most of the sheet metal I've bought has been close, but not close enough to make it super simple.


1970 Chevrolet C10
Grandpa's -- My first truck -- In progress to shiny
Follow the build in the Project Journal
1950 Chevrolet 1-Ton Dually
"Ole Red Girl"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures here
1951 GMC 9430 1 ton dually--Shiny! | 1972 Chevrolet C20- Rusty- the puzzle box lid for the C10 | 1962 AMC Rambler American- my wife's
Parts trucks-
1951 GMC 9300 | 1951-GMC 9430 | 1951- Chevrolet 1300
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
I bought a fiberglass one for my 52panel and it was a good fit. I think I got it at the Stovebolt reunion a few years back.....put an ad in the parts wanted section.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 122
J
JD1
Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 122
That’s my concern too, but it’s just a filler panel.
The one I have will probably cost a couple hundred to make it look good and it’s going to have Bondo in it.
A repo will be at least be all metal.


1951 Chevy 3100 1/2 ton (1957 235, 4 speed, 411 rear)
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,070
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,070
The repop bumper fillers should be a decent fit, since they bolt in behind the bumper and don't interface with other panels that closely. But I don't have anything to back that opinion up.
I found an original that I'm going to straighten. I'll probably spend more in time than a repop would cost, but my idea on my whole project is to fix original stuff (and keep me off the street wink ). It gives me an opportunity to develop my metalworking skills.


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 785
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 785
If you're up for a challenge, make your own.


http://www.allmetalshaping.com/showthread.php?t=16395







.



Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 122
J
JD1
Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 122
That's awesome. I wish I had space for a bead roller so I could attempt some metal work.


1951 Chevy 3100 1/2 ton (1957 235, 4 speed, 411 rear)

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0