The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Gray_Ghost, 55shaker, Lugnutz, F100Ranger, Otto Skorzeny, Steelonsteel), 89 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,140
Posts1,056,467
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1322165 08/17/2019 1:46 AM
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 226
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 226
I’m starting to assemble my ‘57 1/2 ton NAPCO project and I can’t remember what was originally going on with the rear axle. I have a bearing, a seal, and what looks like a shim. When I look at the factory service manual, I don’t see the shim. Does anyone know where that shim goes and why it’s there?

Thank you
LJ

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
3
3B Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
Hy LAJones48, could you provide us with pictures of the components you are inquiring about?

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 226
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 226
[img]https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthread...B103831-7171-404C-B487-87A7593C6CC7.jpeg[/img]

Here’s what I have. I think I understand how to assemble it now after rereading the manual. The part I’m really unsure about is the gasket between the oil slinger on the axle flange and the flange itself. Do I need to take that apart and replace the gasket if I don’t see any oil on the inside surface of the flange?

Thanks,
Larry


Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0