The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Roy Rodgers, Oswald, Brian Moore), 124 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,279
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 23
B
New Guy
New Guy
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 23
Hello All, I am modifying a 42 pickup which has the original drivetrain in it. I am in the planning phase. I wanted to sort out how I was going to mount an under the floor brake assembly on the frame rail since the original assembly is mounted directly to the transmission. I called ECI and Chassis Engineering, the only idea they had was to buy a universal one which welds in place. I am looking for a better idea, anyone set one up themselves and have a better idea?
Thanks in advance.
Bryan


Bryan Bauman
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 25
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 25
Have you thought of using a car master cylinder? My 40 chev master 85 used to have the brake cylinder mounted under the floor. I Think it was mounted to the frame.

Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 2,074
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 2,074
All depends on how many modifications you are planning to make. If staying with a six you can keep your original bellhousing which has mounts for the master cyl/pedal assy. If going V8 you may want to use master cyl on the firewall with swing pedals.


It's easier to get forgiveness than permission!
1946 1/2-Ton Chevy
1953 Chevy 3/4-ton Factory Stakebed

Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0