The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 73 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,093
Posts1,056,474
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 141
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 141
Fellas,

Getting ready to add power steering to my '64. I've seen the adapter kits that several shops offer. Have any of you ever used these? I thought about making my own, but I would like to get some info from those of you who have bought the kit before I go needlessly reinventing the wheel.

Thanx for any info!


Mike from Alabama
My truck on Stovebolt
My website
Why do we drive on a parkway, and park on a driveway?
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 112
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 112
I used the kit from REZ engineering. It was simple to install and works great. It sets everything at the correct angle and does what it says it will. This one of the best upgrades you can do. Have everything gathered up and can do it in a weekend easy.

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
W
Socket Breaker
Socket Breaker
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
I have not done one, but I have read good things about REZ's products.

You may want to search this forum:

http://www.chevytalk.org/threads/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=UBB43

1960-1966 Trucks & Vans @ chevytalk

should be some information in there about it.

-W

Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
My 63 was changed over when I got it but I had to clean up the installation. I stacked flat washers between the gear & fram to get the correct angle & spaceing. Then iwelded them together to form spacers. A kit would prabably make a better installation. smile


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 613
Z
Member
Member
Z Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 613
the rez kit is a bolt in except shortening the steering shaft.cutting it 1.5?" and rewelding it.i love mine.

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,384
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,384
Another vote for the REZ, a PO had butchered mine the REZ went on in a few minutes, couple holes. Brian


My \'64\'s in the Gallery
Pictures in my Photobucket
1964 C10 Custom Cab 350/700R4
1964 Suburban 350/700R4
1979 Ford F350 4x4 400/c6
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 141
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 141
I've never heard of the REZ kit. How much is the kit? I can't find a website....

I think Chevy Duty has the kit for $60, but no pics. Brothers has a kit for $80....

I thought about making my own, too.....


Mike from Alabama
My truck on Stovebolt
My website
Why do we drive on a parkway, and park on a driveway?
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 613
Z
Member
Member
Z Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 613
the rez phone number is 1-406-727-9267.i bought their kit from someone else for less.brothers?im not sure.

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,552
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,552
I have done the power steering refit on my '66, C-10 and am currently doing it on my '66, K-10. My C-10 had the factory stock manual steering box that I upgraded to a power steering setup. I purchased the entire kit, including the box, pump, hoses, brackets, hardware and frame stiffener plates on eBay for $375.00. It is all new equipment. I did it by myself on a Friday evening and Saturday morning.

I am refitting my '66, K-10 from a cobbled up job the previous owner did. I used the REZ Engineering kit that I also purchased on eBay. Both retrofit plates are virtually the same with only subtle differences. They both both work very well and accomplish the correct geometry and box-to-column alignment.

This upgrade is amazingly simple, requires few tools and requires relatively little skill, except for welding the steering column back together. Check eBay for the complete kit or just the adapter kit. I have seen the adapter kits priced from $60.00 to $95.00 plus shipping and tax. I'm not sure the difference in quality or fit, but both of the kits I used worked very well. There is a very good tech. article on Classic Industries website for the power steering upgrade for '60-'66 Chevy trucks. I printed this and used it in conjunction with the instructions included with the kits I purchased. Classic Industries also has a tech. article for the power brake upgrade utilizing your stock single chamber master cylinder and you do not have to bleed the brakes after the install of the power brake booster. Best of luck with the upgrades on your '66.

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 141
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 141
Thx for the info, fellas!!

LilRed, I'll be sure to check out Ebay.


Mike from Alabama
My truck on Stovebolt
My website
Why do we drive on a parkway, and park on a driveway?

Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0