The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 80 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,292
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#132043 07/04/2004 7:47 AM
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 586
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 586
I have a oil leak coming out of the speedometer
housing that fits in my 700R4 tranny. I put in
a new O ring, but it still leaks. I can't seem
to get the housing in there tight enough.
Anyone else have this problem and come up with
a solution. Maybe I can double up the O rings
and that might work. The trouble is the bolt
and bracket that hold the housing in place are
not made to put much force on the unit.
Cecil.........

#132044 07/04/2004 3:17 PM
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,384
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,384
When you get it figgered out, let me know. Mine appears to be leaking around where the gear passes thru the housing. All new GM stuff, I even put another seal on gear, still leaks some. Just enough to leave spots on the floor. Brian


My \'64\'s in the Gallery
Pictures in my Photobucket
1964 C10 Custom Cab 350/700R4
1964 Suburban 350/700R4
1979 Ford F350 4x4 400/c6
#132045 07/04/2004 9:20 PM
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 586
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 586
Exactly, mine is almost new too. If you find
the answer before me please post it or contact
me.

#132046 07/05/2004 8:46 AM
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 39
4
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
4 Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 39
There is a seal inside of the housing where the gear shaft comes through.they like to leak and a lot of times you think it is the o ring.check that and see what it looks like.


48GMC 5window,350,700R4,p/w,p/b,and a couple of homemade parts!
41 Sedan Delivery next up to be reborn!!

"Nothing is Junk,just unfinished projects" Desert rat with a spray gun!
#132047 07/05/2004 1:03 PM
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 41
5
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
5 Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 41
yes there is probably a little lip seal inside the housing the same as on th-350 i remember them doing rebuilds on those trannies.

#132048 07/05/2004 2:04 PM
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,384
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,384
I put two seals on the gear, seemed to slow it down but still seeps some. All new GM stuff, & it leaks. Brian


My \'64\'s in the Gallery
Pictures in my Photobucket
1964 C10 Custom Cab 350/700R4
1964 Suburban 350/700R4
1979 Ford F350 4x4 400/c6
#132049 07/05/2004 9:27 PM
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 36
M
Junior Member
Junior Member
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 36
I have the same problem on a turbo 350. I had it rebuilt by AAMCO. Since they rebuilt the tranny by itself, I have to get it inspected by AAMCO once I can get my truck on the road. I will mention it to them and get back to the board when I find out their solution.


Richie West
#132050 07/06/2004 5:24 AM
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 586
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 586
I will replace the seal and ring and see what
happens. Thanks.


Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0