| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (cmayna, Gray_Ghost, Donf, Otto Skorzeny, Gdads51, Jon G, Forty9, Shade Baby),
104
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,118 Posts1,056,307 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2003 Posts: 586 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2003 Posts: 586 | I have a oil leak coming out of the speedometer housing that fits in my 700R4 tranny. I put in a new O ring, but it still leaks. I can't seem to get the housing in there tight enough. Anyone else have this problem and come up with a solution. Maybe I can double up the O rings and that might work. The trouble is the bolt and bracket that hold the housing in place are not made to put much force on the unit. Cecil......... | | | | | Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 2,384 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 2,384 | When you get it figgered out, let me know. Mine appears to be leaking around where the gear passes thru the housing. All new GM stuff, I even put another seal on gear, still leaks some. Just enough to leave spots on the floor. Brian | | | | | Joined: Jul 2003 Posts: 586 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2003 Posts: 586 | Exactly, mine is almost new too. If you find the answer before me please post it or contact me. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 39 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 39 | There is a seal inside of the housing where the gear shaft comes through.they like to leak and a lot of times you think it is the o ring.check that and see what it looks like.
48GMC 5window,350,700R4,p/w,p/b,and a couple of homemade parts! 41 Sedan Delivery next up to be reborn!!
"Nothing is Junk,just unfinished projects" Desert rat with a spray gun!
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2004 Posts: 41 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Feb 2004 Posts: 41 | yes there is probably a little lip seal inside the housing the same as on th-350 i remember them doing rebuilds on those trannies. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 2,384 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 2,384 | I put two seals on the gear, seemed to slow it down but still seeps some. All new GM stuff, & it leaks. Brian | | | | | Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 36 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 36 | I have the same problem on a turbo 350. I had it rebuilt by AAMCO. Since they rebuilt the tranny by itself, I have to get it inspected by AAMCO once I can get my truck on the road. I will mention it to them and get back to the board when I find out their solution.
Richie West
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2003 Posts: 586 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2003 Posts: 586 | I will replace the seal and ring and see what happens. Thanks. | | |
| |
| |