Hi everyone new to stovebolt I have acquired a old Chevy-Gmc 1953-1954. I always wanted and 1950-1954 Chevy truck and was lucky enough to have a friend who helped me out acquire one. it has its flaws and its perks not new to fixing old trucks I know it will be a challenge. I am willing to give the time and my wife and family love the truck already. I want to thank the people who started this forum I have found some great info to get me stated in the right direction. I already replaced all brakes , lines and cly's, master and parking brake cables. Painted the frame with Eastwoods rust ecapsulator . Removed all dirt from engine, de gunked power washed and sprayed new coat of engine paint. started reassembly, go to get it running hopefully this coming weekend. if all gaskets show up. Im doing some patch work in cab. and putting in new exhust. also neeed a new seat. in cab, have a new gas tank to install. and run some new line. should get it all done. Cant wait to drive this beauty..
Welcome to the Stovebolt madness. There is no cure!
Martin '62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress) '47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project) ‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily) ‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence) “I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one! Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop! USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)
Gabe/Maria, welcome to the Stovebolt. Your going to feel right at home. Just post any questions you may have in the garage forums for all the help you'll need.
Welcome! I take it the truck in grey primer is not your truck. The other one is cool, and probably has an interesting history - 54 Chevy 1-piece windshield, dash, steering wheel and 235 engine. GMC front grille and sheet metal. How is it titled? Chevy or GMC?