Hi I just brought home a sweet 1950 Chevy 1314(Canadian model 3100) All original and mostly complete. Has not been on the road since 1965! Has plates on it from '65 and I found all kinds of stuff in it. The 216 is stuck and most of the suspension and steering and wiring is pretty shot but i have a pretty solid truck. Floors are great and the only rot is the cab corners. I've had a thing for the 47-54 Chevys for a long time and this one just grabbed my eye and i had to have it. I would like to turn it into a driver and am leaning towards a possible S10 frame swap and small block Chevy. I love the body as is and am not going to do any body work. I want to do a period correct hot rod. 283 with a turbo 350 would be great. Lower the truck so she sits nice but not dragging on the pavement. Hope to get a bunch of help from you guys as I love automotive forums. I've built some Mustangs and recently brought back a 1976 F250 4x4 back from the dead. Original Alberta truck. Used as a farm truck near Dog Pound, Alberta.
Welcome to the Stovebolt madness. There is no cure! Since you are going to be modifying the truck from its current original form be sure to utilize the HiPo Forum. That’s where all the hotrodders hang out.
Martin '62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress) '47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project) ‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily) ‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence) “I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one! Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop! USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)
Welcome Tyler! I agree. That is a nice find. The floors do look really good. I bet you already know that Scott’s Super Truck’s is in your backyard. The are a distributor of many reproduction parts and also sell some used stuff. A decent local resource. There are a few Bolters from Alberta on here. A few of us are meeting in Wetaskiwin on June 8 at the Reynolds History Road Show.
1970 Chevrolet C10 Grandpa's -- My first truck -- In progress to shiny Follow the build in the Project Journal 1950 Chevrolet 1-Ton Dually "Ole Red Girl" In the Stovebolt Gallery More pictures here 1951 GMC 9430 1 ton dually--Shiny! | 1972 Chevrolet C20- Rusty- the puzzle box lid for the C10 | 1962 AMC Rambler American- my wife's Parts trucks- 1951 GMC 9300 | 1951-GMC 9430 | 1951- Chevrolet 1300
Welcome Tyler! I agree. That is a nice find. The floors do look really good. I bet you already know that Scott’s Super Truck’s is in your backyard. The are a distributor of many reproduction parts and also sell some used stuff. A decent local resource. There are a few Bolters from Alberta on here. A few of us are meeting in Wetaskiwin on June 8 at the Reynolds History Road Show.
Hi and yes I've already stopped in to Scott's. They are literally 10 mins from me. Great guys. June 8 eh I might have to come on up.
welcome to the site! Has it been moved around on a farm, or not been driven at all since 65? That is a heck of a find!
I don't believe it has been driven since at least '65. The plates on it are 1965 and the glove box was a time capsule. Old points, Vouge rolling papers, spark plugs and a calendar from 65 as well. It has been through 2 owners prior to myself but nothing was ever done to it.
Thats a great truck, I am from the UK but am collecting trucks and parts in south of Alberta with help from a friend, I visit regularly too. You're so lucky to have picked one up with a rear box still.