The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Wally / Montana, Hotrod Lincoln, Gray_Ghost, John L., 1 invisible), 75 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,569
Members48,448
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1307051 04/14/2019 2:32 PM
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 6
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 6
Hey guys. Can someone point me to a good wiring harness that will allow me to rewire my 54 3100 with a 350 small block? I’ve got a late model chassis and steering column, but the wiring is a mess. I’d rather start over. Having a hard time determining the best harness to go with. .

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
The most popular is Painless. They are available through all the performance aftermarket parts stores. Pricy but seem to be good quality pieces and instructions are actually written in English.🛠


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,983
B
Sir Searchalot
Sir Searchalot
B Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,983
Not a whole lot of wires that are different on a 350 motor than a 54 motor with basic accessories. Just starting/ignition, sending, charging. 95% is chassis/body wiring.
If I see you are monitoring this I will offer more if you wish. I see you have searched and found info on another post. That's good. I recommend, as far as the Speedway Harness, that you move up to Part no. 91064022.


Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 338
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 338
Originally Posted by Skyler Nelson
Hey guys. Can someone point me to a good wiring harness that will allow me to rewire my 54 3100 with a 350 small block? I’ve got a late model chassis and steering column, but the wiring is a mess. I’d rather start over. Having a hard time determining the best harness to go with. .

Yes, Horse Power Products on eBay sells a plug and play harness for your truck. Factory replica, made in USA.

Click here Horse Power Products

Last edited by FootStomper; 04/16/2019 2:18 AM.

~~ Darcy

1959 GMC 9310 Canadian- built Shortbox Fleetside Deluxe
FootStomper
In the Stovebolt Gallery
In the Project Journals Forum
Joined: Feb 2021
Posts: 1
L
Moderated
Moderated
L Offline
Joined: Feb 2021
Posts: 1
Hi...I have a Kwik Wire 14-circuit outfit in my Ford, I haven't utilized several things like the radio circuit and the third brake light. Trucks are quite essential, take a gander at the Rebel 9+3 saddle. I needed to have heat in my vehicle since I live in NY and it snared to my unique radiator without any problem.

full turnkey assembly

Last edited by LevDower; 02/19/2021 11:21 PM.

Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0