The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (KEVINSKI, Gray_Ghost, Otto Skorzeny), 113 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,100
Posts1,056,513
Members48,448
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1299285 02/16/2019 9:28 PM
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 163
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 163
I am going to install 2 point seat belts in my 51 as an afterthought and I have read all the posts on this but I still am unclear of the bolting location of the OUTBOARD belts. Should they thread between the seat cushions inside the seat frame or around the outside of the seat frame? (obviously you could see the mounting bolt this way but that doesn't bother me)
Thanks, Howard

Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 182
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 182
I threaded mine in between the cushions on my 1950 3100.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
Mine are between as well. Here you can see where the 3-sets roughly fall.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/advance-design_parts_co/8129063725/in/album-72157631867396207/

Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
I installed 3 point harnesses on the outside. I’m ugly enough and don’t need to slam my face into a metal dashboard! It was very easy to do.

Chris

Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 163
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 163
Thanks for the responses and photo. It looks like I could mount them either way. I will decide what works best for me.

Howard

Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 678
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 678
If you route them on the outside of the seat frame they will fall out the door and crash to the running board every time you get out of the truck.

But I see that this is a fairly old post so he's probably already done it by now.


1951 Chevy Panel Truck
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,842
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,842
Yes for inside the frame.


Craig

My '50 Chevy 3100 5 window, '62-235cu, 3:55 rear
My truck ....... Respect The Rust
If I'm not working on my truck, '65 m00stang or VW camper, I'm fishing with the wife or smoking Salmon.

Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0