The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (JW51, Phak1, NorCal52Suburban), 90 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,081
Posts1,056,321
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1298503 02/11/2019 4:05 PM
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 128
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 128
Hi all,
I've been an active reader of the forums for years and I recently acquired a 59 Spartan 100 (should get here tuesday night!!! smile ) and I figured I had better join the ranks.

Not much to say about me except that I have 3 kids, Archimedes Tyberius, Aika Dawn and Andromyda Kol Rainier. I love fishing, hunting, America and old trucks. I love to learn and hear about interesting things.

I guess I should also say that I am a Mechanical Engineer. I work full time but I also have a consulting company that I run on the side - I'd like to transition that into full time.

Anyway if you have any questions feel free to ask away.

Thanks

Spartan


Hoka Hey!
Spartan

1959 Chevy Spartan 100 "Battle Wagon"
2008 Buell Lightning "War Horse"
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Spartan, glad to see you have come out of the shadows and welcome to the Stovebolt. We have members here from Idaho so watch for them.....and be sure to ask questions in the most appropriate forum for the best help on the internet. See you around the garage forums.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 128
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 128
Thanks for the welcome!!

I doubt I will be contributing anything to this vast well of knowledge but I'm sure gonna use some of it!!


Hoka Hey!
Spartan

1959 Chevy Spartan 100 "Battle Wagon"
2008 Buell Lightning "War Horse"
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,442
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,442
Spartan, Welcome to the 'bolt.

Please scroll through the various forums to see what they have to offer.

Make sure to check out the rules of the page as well.

Questions pertaining to your problem are welcome and will usually get answered quickly.

There are many "how I done it's" here as well that can be found using the search feature.

Last edited by Achipmunk; 02/12/2019 2:12 AM.

Another quality post.
Real Trucks Rattle
HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 77
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 77
Spartan .....

Welcome to the Great Site of "Stovebolters" ......

glad to have you join - in

from, Northern Arizona

Jim

Last edited by Achipmunk; 02/12/2019 2:13 AM.
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 128
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 128
Thanks Rusty,

I read through the user manual and what rules and documentation I could find before posting. I like to try and not make a fool out of myself but it rarely works smile


Last edited by Achipmunk; 02/12/2019 2:13 AM.

Hoka Hey!
Spartan

1959 Chevy Spartan 100 "Battle Wagon"
2008 Buell Lightning "War Horse"
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
Welcome to the Stovebolt madness. There is no cure! shake


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,063
Big Bolt Forum Moderator
Big Bolt Forum Moderator
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,063
welcome to the site! Looking forward to seeing some pics once your truck shows up!


Mike
1955 Chevy 6400 ex-flatbed (no bed now!) sold September 2023
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1958 Chevy 6400 flatbed W/dump
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1959 Chevy Suburban Owned for almost 20 years, Daily Driver -- sold May 2016
In the Stovebolt Gallery

Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 76
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 76
Welcome and I second the pics question smile

Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 128
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 128
Originally Posted by Steve-W
Welcome and I second the pics question smile

Steve- look at the thread about the Big Bolt crash. Thats her... she didnt even make it to Idaho.


Hoka Hey!
Spartan

1959 Chevy Spartan 100 "Battle Wagon"
2008 Buell Lightning "War Horse"
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,084
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,084
Originally Posted by Spartan
I guess I should also say that I am a Mechanical Engineer.
thumbs_up Welcome. We ME's have to stick together.
Sorry to read/see about your loss. Hope it turns out for you.


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 128
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 128
Thanks Kevin, I'll keep my eye out for ya

Spartan


Hoka Hey!
Spartan

1959 Chevy Spartan 100 "Battle Wagon"
2008 Buell Lightning "War Horse"

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0