The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Otto Skorzeny, Shaffer's1950, 1 invisible), 164 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,088
Posts1,056,122
Members48,435
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 65
R
old truck heaven
old truck heaven
R Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 65
Hi Fellow Bolters,
I have opened up the driveline on my 1950 half ton truck. I installed a 261 engine with a saginaw 4 speed transmission. I took the 1950 rear axle housing out and took off the original closed driveline mounts. I installed a rebuilt drop out pumpkin from a 1955-62 Chevy half ton truck and new 3.38 gears. I have put the rear axle back in but it is setting to far forward with a standard saddle type leaf spring perch. Do I have to make some custom perches to set the axle back to the stock position? I have the u-bolts made and the heavy plates for underneath the leaf springs. Does someone already make these perches?
Thanks in advance.
Brian

Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 789
Former BMW Rider
Former BMW Rider
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 789
Hi Brian,

I did basically the same conversion to my '47. I purchased these spring perches from Classic Parts. I've attached a photo (not my photo) of what my set-up looks like to include the plate to maintain the original rake. Be sure to get the pinion angle set-up before you weld the new perches in place. The axle on my truck is in the stock location. Some center the axle in the wheel well, but you may need longer parking brake cables if you go that route.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Attachments
Spring Perch.JPG (33.96 KB, 98 downloads)


Andy

His: 1947 Chevrolet 3104
Hers: 2008 American Saddlebred

"I proudly Stand for the Flag and Kneel for the Cross" Unknown
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 65
R
old truck heaven
old truck heaven
R Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 65
Thanks Andy
I just bought some...
Brian


Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0