The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (DadsFirstPickup, 2 invisible), 138 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,100
Posts1,056,169
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1272726 07/16/2018 4:54 PM
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 84
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 84

I am now the proud and terrified owner of a 1953 3600. Another example for why red wine and eBay really are not the best combination.

My first drive was 200 miles across the motor way as the trailer was not man enough for the job. Made it home puking coolant and one short breakdown due to fuel problems. Needed to change my underwear on arrival home. Are they meant to have brakes ?

Hoping to keep the car stock but a bit worried about parts availability for the 3600 drive line. Is there anyway made from unobtainium?

I’m going to need a lot of help and support on this and I apologise in advanced as I am clueless where to even start.

Look forward to meeting you all many thanks

I will post some pictures when I figure it out

Regards Chris




Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Chris, welcome to the Stovebolt. No only do we give mechanical help but also a shoulder to cry on when one needs it. In the end you may find that the wine did you a favor. There is much enjoyment and pleasure working on these trucks and the Stovebolt is the place to be when doing so. Get it to go and stop and then it will tell you what it needs along the way and you can decided just what you want to do with it.
Everyone is here to learn and to help so ask questions in the most appropriate forums for the best and fastest answer....along with a little patience. Also watch for others that may be from your area. I know there are some here.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Welcome to the Stovebolt madness. chug


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 4,491
J
Moderator, Electrical Bay
Moderator, Electrical Bay
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 4,491
Welcome Chris. That coolant sometimes makes me puke too...especially if I drink it too fast.
Jon


~ Jon
1952 1/2 ton with 1959 235 | T5 with 3.07 rear end

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0