Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,118 Posts1,056,304 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2018 Posts: 2 Moderated | | Moderated Joined: Mar 2018 Posts: 2 | Hello everyone I’m finally getting around to introducing myself. I’m 19 and I’ve got three trucks a 1949 Chevy 3800 with the five window cab, a 1950 Chevy 3100 that my grandpa bought brand new, and a 1951 Chevy 3800 with 51000 original miles that was recently givin to me. All the trucks are completely original and have the 216 and all three of them run and drive and are in great shape. The 1950 I have restored mechanically and left the body alone I drive this truck almost everyday and the other run and drive good but need work on the brakes. Anyways thanks for letting me join I’ve leaned a lot off this website and look forward to learning more. I will post pictures as soon as figure out how to. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | Talk about Christmas in July. Wow, what a bevy of trucks. Welcome to the Stovebolt and be sure to check out the Big Bolt Forums. See you around the garage forums. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 7,440 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 7,440 | Welcome to the Stovebolt madness. 
Martin '62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress) '47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project) ‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily) ‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence) “I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one! Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop! USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 | | | | | | Joined: Aug 2013 Posts: 293 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2013 Posts: 293 | Welcome Clayton. I picked up my 1 ton from the Weyburn area a few years back and have gleaned a lot of information from this site. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,969 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,969 | Welcome! Lots of folks north of the 40th here. Your trucks USA-built? I know the Canadian model numbers are different. Quite a treasure trove of cool old Chevy iron. Good luck with them.
Last edited by Frank50; 08/04/2018 2:30 AM.
Professional Novice
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2008 Posts: 16 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Apr 2008 Posts: 16 | Welcome from Fort Erie, ON! You can use Imgur and Imgbox for hosting your photos or you can upload them directly by clicking on the "Attachment Manager" link after you switch to "Full Editor" https://imgur.com/https://imgbox.com/Once you upload them to a hosting site, you can insert a link to your photos by clicking on the "Insert Image Link" button in the full editor. See Stovebolt Forums FAQs. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2015 Posts: 2,063 Big Bolt Forum Moderator | | Big Bolt Forum Moderator Joined: Dec 2015 Posts: 2,063 | welcome to the site!! You will need a few more posts till you are not moderated before you can post pics. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2018 Posts: 2 Moderated | | Moderated Joined: Mar 2018 Posts: 2 | Thanks everyone for the welcome. The trucks are Canadian built I just have no idea what the Canadian model numbers are. Work on the trucks has been put on hold for now until after harvest is over. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2002 Posts: 2,168 A teacher, but always an apprentice. | | A teacher, but always an apprentice. Joined: Apr 2002 Posts: 2,168 | Check your Vin on the inside driver door pillar: your serial number might read like this
01314xxxxx
0=1950 (a 9 would=1949, 3=1953) 1314= Chev 1/2ton. 13= 1/2ton, 14 pickup delivery ( truck with a short box) Xxxxx= number of the truck when it rolled off production line.
Canadian LIttle Bolts Chevrolet 1300- 1/2ton 1420- 3/4 ton 1430- 1 ton.
GMC 9300- 1/2 9420- 3/4 9430- 1 ton.
You should see these numbers in your trucks’ vin numbers if they are CDN built.
By the way, I agree with Alvin! How did you get Santa to keep visiting you? He quit visiting when I was like 10!
Make sure you hang on to Grandpa’s. That’s pretty special. Don’t let it go, they are hard/next to impossible to get back! Trust me, I know firsthand.
😉 🦊 | | |
| |