| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,088 Posts1,056,416 Members48,443 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2018 Posts: 30 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2018 Posts: 30 | So I'm prepping backing plates for paint and just basically anything I have apart I'm degreasing. So I have the articulating arms degreased on my front brakes 51 3600 but was wondering if you just clean the rust up and leave them as they are ? You dont paint the arms do you? Thanks in advance | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,983 Sir Searchalot | | Sir Searchalot Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,983 | Please use a better description for "articulating arms". Read this and let us know what part you are talking about. Go to INDEX/general description. The wheel cylinder has a dowel shaped "arm" sticking out each end. Pushes against shoes. If this is what you mean, no.......not painted. The old manual calls them connecting links.
Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn | | | | | Joined: Jun 2018 Posts: 30 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2018 Posts: 30 | Yes sorry. I thought it said arms but yes they called them articulating links. Thanks | | | | | Joined: Jun 2018 Posts: 30 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2018 Posts: 30 | Yes I read that and I'm not painting them thanks. Guess i looked at the next page and saw figure 2 as they were describing parts number 7 says articulating link and the next page befor says connecting link. Not hard to confuse myself haha.I'm just a rookie learning appreciate the help | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,983 Sir Searchalot | | Sir Searchalot Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,983 | Actually my fault. I see you have a 3/4 T which probably has Huck brakes in Fig2. The link you asked about is probably different than I thought. So if you mean Fig2, item 7, still don't think I would paint, but optional. Especially in Michigan. Your terminology was correct. I misled you. Sorry. I looked at Fig1.
Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn | | | | | Joined: Apr 2007 Posts: 1,038 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2007 Posts: 1,038 | Painting the articulating links would be optional. I painted them when I restored my '50 COE but they are no doubt covered in brake dust by now. I will say the truck spent most of its life outside and there was only a bit of surface rust when I intervened. Clean them up and you will be good to go. Kent | | |
| |
| |