Hello all, looking for suggestions or information on what everyone is doing to cap their vacuum port on the manifold I am using a double action fuel pump, so I do not need this for wipers I would like to still have access to the port for tuning with vacuum gauge I would think a ball valve and barbed fitting with vinyl cap, but that may look clunky
What's wrong with what you're doing now? It looks simple and effective. Jerry
"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt! There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
Hello all, looking for suggestions or information on what everyone is doing to cap their vacuum port on the manifold I am using a double action fuel pump, so I do not need this for wipers I would like to still have access to the port for tuning with vacuum gauge I would think a ball valve and barbed fitting with vinyl cap, but that may look clunky
The vacuum pump delivers a smaller vacuum than the manifold. It is meant to augment the vacuum when it is low in the manifold. The pump will not deliver a lot of vacuum at low RPMs. At least, that is how GM explains it. I think when I had mine it would deliver about 11" at a higher RPM.