Hey you all new to the site thanks for having me ,picked up this 57 dump bed a few months ago and couldn't believe how good of shape it was in for a 60 year old vehicle. Anyway I've built a few vehicles in my life and I just couldn't pass this one up..It has been kind of a challenge though Bed was trash so I scrapped ,brakes were junk so I scrapped and put disc on the front and reworked rear with new shoes and wheel cylinders. Anyway I'm hoping you guys can help me with a few things ill be in need of
Ervil, Welcome to the Stovebolt. Nice catch on the truck and some nice work you got going on. We have a BIG BOLT Forum here so be sure to check in there......guys there can help.. May be a little quite for the weekend though.....we have to treat the ladies you know!
Lots of guys from around your area. Watch for them.
If we choose being kind over being right,we will be right every time. Knowledge is a poor substitute for experience. Remember what is precious to another, may not be to you, but it is precious nonetheless.
that is a sweet looking truck!! What rotors are you using on the front and what are you doing for master cylinder? Assuming you are replacing the hydrovac unit as well?
I had to do some machine work to rotors to get them to bolt to the back of hubs but I think they were for a 08 silverado 4wd they are bigger in dia than the old 90s one tons and the hydovac Works very good right now so an upgrade will come in the future...my biggest worry is just having A single chamber cylinder and one break line. Thanks for comments on truck it is still very usable and really solid for 60 years of age. The old guy that bought the truck new always kept in his barn