| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,140 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2016 Posts: 52 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2016 Posts: 52 | Choosing an after-market steering column to go with power steering conversion kit and small block with turbo 350 automatic. What length column to choose? Will a column shift for the automatic clear my ram-horn exhaust manifolds? 54 half ton
Last edited by redwing; 02/20/2018 1:03 PM. Reason: add text
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | Length? I think they are around 30-31" but maybe someone knows for sure. My "aftermarket" was a 68 pickup column with turn signals and automatic shifter. I had no problems in my 52 panel and I am running ram horns. Another thought is the column's our of an "80"s (?) Chevy van with automatic and tilt. I have not used one but hear they work great and cost less.
.....I'm sure others will chime in to confirm or offer other ideas. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2007 Posts: 328 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2007 Posts: 328 | Redwing Not your setup, but, for reference
I put a 455 Buick into a 51 panel truck. I used a 33 inch aftermarket chrome tilt column with column shift. Cleared that big Buick valve cover....... close but no interference. Also, used, a Kugel Komponents column shift linkage that was easy to install and adjust for the turbo 400.
| | |
| |
| |