The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
8 members (37 GC, Otto Skorzeny, KEVINSKI, klhansen, Vice-Grip, Bill Hanlon, UtahYork, HandyAndy), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,114
Posts1,056,610
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1247494 12/19/2017 4:23 PM
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 32
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 32
Hello All, I have got a chevrolet 6400 and I need to souce some seals for the brake cylinders. They dont have cup seals, but a ring seal in a groove on the pistons. Does any body know where i can get some. I have tried chevs of the 40s. Filling Station. And Jim Carter but no luck. Thanks Howard

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
I'd suggest NAPA and I'd also suggest going to Ace Hardware to see if they have "O" rings that size....and if it is indeed an "O" ring then try McMasterCarr....or even grainger?

They're out there so hang tight. Someone smarter than me will have a definitive answer.

OH, Send "3B" a PM as he is very good at this sort of thing. Like he has a barn, no two barns full of big trucks!
3B, chime in my friend.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,063
Big Bolt Forum Moderator
Big Bolt Forum Moderator
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,063
what year truck are you working on and what bore cylinder? Both Rock Auto and Napa have them for my 1958 6400. Mine were 1 1/2" cylinder bore, UP147 from Napa and WK147 from Rock Auto.


Mike
1955 Chevy 6400 ex-flatbed (no bed now!) sold September 2023
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1958 Chevy 6400 flatbed W/dump
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1959 Chevy Suburban Owned for almost 20 years, Daily Driver -- sold May 2016
In the Stovebolt Gallery

Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Mikie, I think its a 52.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
3
3B Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
Hy Howardwade, Achipmunk and guys, 69Cuda is correct the ring type cup numbers for 1 1/2" wheel cylinders from Napa is UP147 from RockAuto WK147 this number applies to rear wheel cylinders on the 6000 series from 1951 through 1960, hope that helps.


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0