The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (TS3600, 55shaker), 86 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,140
Posts1,056,467
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 214
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 214
Hello all, the wife and I just picked up a Canadian GMC 9300 (9314). Has the Chevrolet 235 in it. Only thing that doesn't work is the parking brake at this point. Fuel gauge might not now that we put more fuel in it. I'm guessing the fuel sender has sat in the same spot for awhile. Heater, vacuum wipers, all lights work. Been doing a bunch of research on here already and will try to post a pic at some point if I can do it without photo bucket


1953 Canadian GMC 9314 w/ (factory) Chevy 235
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Lindsey, welcome to Stovebolt. Sounds like you have found a nice truck. Any help you need just post it in the garage forums. Everyone here is waiting and willing to help you...... and your wife is on your team so your set to ride.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 214
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 214
Thanks I'm actually considering it her truck :p. We've been looking for an older vehicle for awhile, and she wants to learn how to work on vehicles more. Truck came with new door latches and strikers so I've already done the driver side as it didn't want to latch. Wife is doing passenger side next. Carb rebuild kit on the way, checked coolant for winter. Fix some minor leaks and replace windshield and it'll be pretty much good to go.


1953 Canadian GMC 9314 w/ (factory) Chevy 235
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 214
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 214
Oh and it has the visor so looks a bit badass to us


1953 Canadian GMC 9314 w/ (factory) Chevy 235
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Welcome Lindsey, nice to snag a Canadian truck. Maybe you can post up a pic or two. I'm looking forward to visiting Yellowknife next summer, never been up that way.

Leo

Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 214
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 214
I would like to post a pic, is photobucket the only way on here?


1953 Canadian GMC 9314 w/ (factory) Chevy 235
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Welcome to Stovebolt.com, Lindsay

One way to post photos it to use that "attachments" feature that appears below the Post/Edit window, when using the Full Editor option.

However, I do not think that photos can be attached in this forum (the Welcome Center)?

In the Welcome Center, I think you have to provide a link to a photo hosted elsewhere (like Photobucket or Google Drive or . . .). Many of those hosting sites cause problems by loading up the viewer's screen with advertisements.

Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 214
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 214
Thanks maybe I'll start a thread in the Project Journal on Tuesday when I'm back at work. See if that works


1953 Canadian GMC 9314 w/ (factory) Chevy 235
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
welcome to the bolt, I do have several friends from you great area, might be hard to believe but I do
roger that Leo...lol

My Dad bought a new 49 GMC back when I was really young, I still remember it very well,
a half ton and Green in color.. enjoy the ride here on the bolt, a lot of good
advice here...........being that you can work on a copter you should not have
much of a problem working on these old trucks


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.

Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,063
Big Bolt Forum Moderator
Big Bolt Forum Moderator
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,063
welcome to the site! Always a good thing to have a wife into the old cars and not just us!


Mike
1955 Chevy 6400 ex-flatbed (no bed now!) sold September 2023
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1958 Chevy 6400 flatbed W/dump
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1959 Chevy Suburban Owned for almost 20 years, Daily Driver -- sold May 2016
In the Stovebolt Gallery

Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0