The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (SNOYL, Hotrod Lincoln, MNSmith), 81 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,130
Posts1,056,717
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1228817 08/07/2017 2:22 AM
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 370
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 370
I have a brand new rebuilt carb. Seems to leak no matter how tight the screws are. Saw lots of pictures of other trucks with the same leak.

Does anyone have an answer for this?

Don


Can’t begin to tell you how much I hate the name Stovebolt.
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 80
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 80
You may want to check your float.


1950 3100 5 Window
http://imgur.com/a/DAVYB
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
Like Bruce says. Your float level may be too high. Some seepege is routine on these carbs although not normal. These "brand new rebuilt" carbs are usually not right. You are generally better off getting an old timer to put a kit in the original carb.


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 2,074
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 2,074
My past problem with a Rochester turned out to be to much fuel pressure, added an adjustable pressure regulator from Napa, set at about 3 psi, problem solved. An inline pressure gauge is a good ideal also.


It's easier to get forgiveness than permission!
1946 1/2-Ton Chevy
1953 Chevy 3/4-ton Factory Stakebed
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 370
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 370
Got to admit. I have plenty of pressure from the pump.

Not ready to tear into a newly rebuilt after only 3 weeks.

Mine looks like others at this point.

Thanks Don


Can’t begin to tell you how much I hate the name Stovebolt.
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 326
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 326
I had a similar problem with mine (56 with 235) and I thought the fuel was coming from between the top of the bowl and the cap at the front of the carb. I also rechecked the float level, and also put some thread tape on the adapter that threads into the carb that then accepts the fuel line (I did not tape the fuel line, should not need to). Though I am not sure, I believe that that was where my leak was coming from. Any way, no more leak. Be carefull tightening down the top screws too much, you may end up putting a bend in your top plate. If it is nice and flat, then just snug should be enough.
Lee.


1956 Chevy 3200, 235 w/3 speed
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 370
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 370
Thanks. I'll look closer at the line connection.


Can’t begin to tell you how much I hate the name Stovebolt.

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0