The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (R&S 51 GMC, Tiny), 152 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,125
Posts1,056,338
Members48,440
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 265
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 265
As my glass installation continues, on my 53 3100, so do the questions. I see a 1/4 inch hole at the end of both of the Lower Door Glass Setting Channels. My guess is that is for a stop or bumper. This would help prevent the window regulator arm from continuing out the end of the Setting Channel. If so, what is supposed to be there? Is it a rubber bumper? Or, nut and bolt? Quickly looking through the reproduction parts catalogs, I am not seeing anything that they are selling for that.

As always, thank everybody in advance for the instruction and advice. I really appreciate it.

Rugo

Last edited by Rugo; 07/21/2017 2:28 AM.

Steve Rugg
53 3100
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
If your speaking about right in the middle it is a rubber bumper and available from most all vendors.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 265
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 265
It is at the end, long ways. But, in the middle, vertically. I will have to look closer at the vendor catalogs. I see the rubber bumper for top of the brace in the door. Just so I am clear, I am referring to the (Sash), that is affixed to the bottom of the door window. Just want to make sure that my description was clear. You very well may be referring to that. However, thought I would describe it another way.

Thanks for you taking to address my question.

Rugo


Steve Rugg
53 3100
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 225
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 225
Rugo,

You are correct in what you are describing. I just did mine (1951 3100),.but mine only had the hole on one end, not both ends. I studied it after I had installed everything, and it did not appear that the roller would run out the end of the track, whether the window was all the way up, or all the way down. It might, but it didn't appear so. I put in a new rubber bumper/stop for piece of mind.

Mike


Mike

1951 3100 5 window
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,281
5
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man
5 Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,281
The rollers can't get out of the channel once installed. Nothing that I know of belongs in those holes.


1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 265
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 265
Once again, I am probably over thinking something. Just wanted to make sure. It has been such a long time, since it was all together. I have forgotten what was where. It doesn't help that I didn't take that part of the truck apart. So, I don't even have a faded memory of it. I appreciate everybody sharing their experience and knowledge with me. Starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully, it is the other end of the tunnel, not a train coming the other way. Only have a third of notebook page left of parts to buy and install.

Thank you again for all of your time and efforts.

Rugo


Steve Rugg
53 3100

Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0