The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Bill Hanlon, Bogart's Truck, TexasA&M48Truck, Donf, 2 invisible), 87 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,131
Posts1,056,369
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 102
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 102
I'm considering buying aftermarket vent window assemblies for my 51. Are they any good, and do they fit, etc.? Are all of them the same from vendor to vendor, or is there a better one I should look at? My experience with after market parts is terrible, so I don't want to spend $600 for poor quality parts that don't fit. I would appreciate any feedback from anyone with experience with them.


Ron Thompson
51 Chevy 1/2 ton
36 F@rd coupe
65 Riviera

Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 306
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 306
** I have never purchased an after market vent window assy. but have herd some pretty bad reports on them. ** You can rebuild yours if the frames are in good shape a whole lot cheaper than what new ones will cost you. If you purchase the rubber seals from Steele rubber will just about double the price of your rebuild but it would probably be money well spent as Steeles rubber products will last a lot longer than most other after market seals. Your first rebuild will probably take you a couple of hours or more but the second one will be half the time, at least that is the way my rebuild went. It's not really that tuff to rebuild them. Good Luck

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Do not rule out an ad in the swap meet for parts wanted. There just may be someone with a nice pair.....like me but I let mine extra set go looong time ago. Its worth a try.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0