The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (mick53, klhansen), 118 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,277
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1219217 05/29/2017 10:37 PM
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 201
I
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 201
I was asking about towing capacity and got me wandering what was the amount of leaf springs on a 41-46 Chevy, or how many do you have on yours? I'm asking cause I'm pretty sure I have more than stock.
I have 20 on the front axle ( 10 behind each wheel) and 32 on the rear (16 behind each wheel) could you get this from the factory? Does anyone else have so many?


Stovebolter -- the Next Generation
(I'm 20)

1941 Chevy 1/2-ton pickup
"Lucy"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

1967 Ford Mustang - "Sally"
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,219
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,219
Go here and scroll down, it's everything you ever wanted to know about '41s. https://www.gmheritagecenter.com/do...hevrolet-Trucks/1941-Chevrolet-Truck.pdf

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 45
2
'Bolter
'Bolter
2 Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 45
I would have to look to be sure but from what I remember I have 7 front and 8 rear plus a overload set , this is each wheel. If they started sagging someone might have added extra leaves on yours.


Richard
42 Chevy pickup
65 Chevy C10 Panel
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,122
4
'Bolter
'Bolter
4 Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,122
Yes, 7 front and 8 rear, on each side. Remembered to check and count today.

Some, as stated earlier, may have after market overload springs on the rear, 8 each side.


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0