| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,108 Posts1,056,238 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2015 Posts: 201 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2015 Posts: 201 | I was asking about towing capacity and got me wandering what was the amount of leaf springs on a 41-46 Chevy, or how many do you have on yours? I'm asking cause I'm pretty sure I have more than stock. I have 20 on the front axle ( 10 behind each wheel) and 32 on the rear (16 behind each wheel) could you get this from the factory? Does anyone else have so many? | | | | | Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 5,216 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 5,216 | | | | | | Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 45 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 45 | I would have to look to be sure but from what I remember I have 7 front and 8 rear plus a overload set , this is each wheel. If they started sagging someone might have added extra leaves on yours.
Richard 42 Chevy pickup 65 Chevy C10 Panel | | | | | Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 1,122 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 1,122 | Yes, 7 front and 8 rear, on each side. Remembered to check and count today.
Some, as stated earlier, may have after market overload springs on the rear, 8 each side. | | |
| |
| |