The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (3800GUY, 3B, JW51, Lightholder's Dad), 125 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,130
Posts1,056,367
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 14
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 14
Hi, Last year I attended the Spring auto fair in Charlotte, NC. I had a great time. I am probably going to do it again, in April 2017. Although I saw a lot of interesting people, stuff, and cars, I was not able to be in touch with all the people I wanted to. For example, I did not find a specific club or vendor focussing only on stovebolt machines. It a large fair and it was a first time for me, so I'd like to be better prepared for the next edition. My question to you guys: do you know whether our community is present and in which form: e.g. clubs, specialised vendors, or simply owners attending the fair with or without their car. Thanks in advance for all the information you could give me in advance. Best regards from snowy Switzerland, SwissNic.


1952 GMC 100, 101-22, narva green
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
SwissNic, there is no "organized" gathering at the Auto Fair.

However, some bolters may communicate with each other with Private messages (PM's) or through the Stovebolt Greasy Spoon Forum.
If a bolter wants to set up a time, or place to meet they are free to do so by posting that information here on the bolt.

One Bolter here does this at Daytona Speedway when they have the Turkey Run there. He usually drives the effort to see if any bolters want to meet up there and may even try to secure a parking place for any that want to meet.

Its been several years since I went to Charlotte. A big event indeed and many Vendors, like Car/Truck Shop, probably Classic Parts, Southern Rod, probably The Filling Station, Chevs of the 40's, and many others, that set up and sell new reproduction parts as well as individual vendors selling used and new parts.
One day cannot take it all in. You'll need at least two days if you plan to look and buy....and be sure to have a pre-made list.

Since not everyone visits here in the Southern Forum you may also want to post a note in the Greasy Spoon Forum where you will most likely get better results. I know there is bound to be many bolters there!!

Last edited by Achipmunk; 01/08/2017 9:13 PM.

1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 14
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 14
Thanks very much for your advices. So if some bolters are going to attend the fair, let me know. Best regards, SwissNic
PS: I am also interested in shops, garages, and parts dealers which deal with old trucks in the region of Charlotte, NC. So if you have good addresses, I'd appreciate a few hints.


1952 GMC 100, 101-22, narva green
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
The Car/Truck shop which has worked out of Orange, Ca. for years has a satellite place on Derita Rd. at Concord Mills shopping center which is just a couple miles from the race track and just off the interstate highway. They sell both truck and car stuff. You may want to look at their web site before going to Charlotte.

If you call the number on the web site you'll most likely end up talking to someone in Ca. The number for the shop in Concord is
704-979-6490 this number rings at the Concord/Charlotte place.

I'd also still ask in the Greasy Spoon if anyone is going or if there are bolters meeting at the event or perhaps meeting somewhere before or after.


Might I add that if anyone here has a Ferd and needs parts Dennis Carpenter is VERY close by and if you have a little time you can drive South for a few miles and visit Steele Rubber Products. BUT, I'm sure all of them will also have a booth or trailer set up inside the track.

Last edited by Achipmunk; 01/13/2017 4:06 AM. Reason: more info

1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 248
P
Bolter
Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 248
There is an engine builder, Troy Robertson, whose shop name is "Old Inline Power". He has a booth there also. I will probably be attending.

Last edited by PaPa Joe; 02/25/2017 9:06 PM.

“Old Blue” 1953 Chevrolet 3100
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 14
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 14
Hi PaPa Joe, Thanks for the piece of information about Troy Robertson. I'll have a look at his booth. I'll be at the Fair, do not know yet exactly which day, I'll let you know when I know. By the way nice truck you have. I have added more pictures of mine in my bucket. Best regards, SwissNic.


1952 GMC 100, 101-22, narva green
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,611
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,611
Hey Nic,

I may be going to the spring Autofair, but not positive yet. I have never found many good stovebolts parts there, seems to be heavy in Chevy v8 parts. Steele Rubber is a must visit location, make sure to compile your shopping list. It is huge so seeing everything is very difficult to do in just one day. Always a fun time.

Sweet GMC!

Paul


1941 Chevy 1 1/2-ton WW2 4x4 dump truck
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Lots more pictures
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 122
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 122
If any of you manage to get to Charlotte, please stop by the AACA meet and say hello. I will be there with my blue '53, trying for a Senior.


1953 Chevrolet 3104 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,951
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,951
Looks like I will be attending on Saturday April 8th. I walk around with a buddy. More looking than buying. I always have fun. I hope to meet a few Stovebolters. My cell number is 803-553-9291. Shoot me a PM or text me so I can know where to meet folks.

Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 14
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 14
Hi guys, Of course, I'll stop by the AACA, to see if they accept members outside of the States... and to see your nice truck. Mine is a 52, so I'll like yours. And Lugnutz, thanks for the cell number, I'll probably be there on Saturday, too, I'll let you know. Nice truck, too, moreover, 65 is my birth year. Best regards, SwissNic.


1952 GMC 100, 101-22, narva green
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 201
I
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 201
What's the date for this thing a charlotte and where does it take place???


Stovebolter -- the Next Generation
(I'm 20)

1941 Chevy 1/2-ton pickup
"Lucy"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

1967 Ford Mustang - "Sally"
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 122
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 122
The AACA 2017 Southeastern Division National Spring Meet will be held at the Charlotte Motor Speedway from April 6 to 9, 2017. Judged show is on Saturday, April 8.


1953 Chevrolet 3104 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,611
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,611
Hey Bruce,

There is no way I could walk by your 53 truck and not take a look. Turned out real nice! I hope the carburetor I sold you some time back worked for your restoration.

Paul


1941 Chevy 1 1/2-ton WW2 4x4 dump truck
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Lots more pictures
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 122
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 122
Paul: Yep, it worked great! Made a world of difference in ease of starting and smooth running.


1953 Chevrolet 3104 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,611
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,611
Originally Posted by bajones238
Paul: Yep, it worked great! Made a world of difference in ease of starting and smooth running.

Glad to hear it worked out. Hopefully I will see you in Charlotte.


1941 Chevy 1 1/2-ton WW2 4x4 dump truck
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Lots more pictures
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 122
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 122
To those of you who stopped by to say hello, I enjoyed it! Nick, I know you will enjoy that '52 GMC. If you are ever in Aiken, SC, please let me know. Also, the Vintage Chevrolet Club of America (VCCA) is holding its Area 9 national meet the first weekend in May, in Chattanooga, Tennessee. I plan to have the truck there as well.


1953 Chevrolet 3104 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 14
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 14
Thanks for the message. I enjoyed seeing you there. The fair was very useful for me, talking to people, seeing cars, getting valuable advices and so on. The quality of cars displayed on the AACA field was also amazing, I am not sure, I'll see that once in Europe. Let's keep in touch. Best regards, SwissNic


1952 GMC 100, 101-22, narva green
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,611
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,611
Had family come visit last weekend so I missed the AutoFair...looked to be perfect weather for a car show. Hope you all enjoyed!


1941 Chevy 1 1/2-ton WW2 4x4 dump truck
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Lots more pictures

Moderated by  Achipmunk, TUTS 59 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0