The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Shade Baby, Gray_Ghost, JW51, ronsway, Guitplayer, Hotrod Lincoln), 164 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,271
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1207368 03/07/2017 5:51 PM
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 8
J
New Guy
New Guy
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 8
I would love to put a V8 in my 1960 stepside. It has a 235 and the original 4 speed tranny. I have seen what I need to do for the motor mounts. The issue I am having... I want to keep my 4 speed! I love the way it shifts! Do I have to change that out? Or is there a bell housing that will let me use it?

Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 8
J
New Guy
New Guy
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 8
So it sounds like I can get another bell housing to make this work. I just love my 4 speed. Thanks for the info. And if anyone else knows of solutions please reply


Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 788
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 788
sbc bellhousings were cast iron from 63 -67 i believe in the truck. to make your swap simple try and locate a 283 bellhousing for 60-62 as it has the passenger side hydraulic clutch setup as your 235 and the 283 horseshoe type front engine mount. you can still find them out there. with those items it will be a bolt in scenario
ron

Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 8
J
New Guy
New Guy
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 8
Here is what I bought for my 1960 V8 Conversion (to keep my awesome 4 speed). I found the motor mounts on ebay and the bell housing on craigslist. The link to the pictures below. I thought I already posted this... It may be against the rules, or I may have not hit the submit button. I just want to make sure I got the correct stuff. http://imgur.com/a/uU7ub

Last edited by baldeagle; 03/11/2017 1:52 AM. Reason: Removed the image. We do not allow direct posting of images to the Forums.
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 189
R
RJ Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 189
That is the correct Bell housing, you should be able to reuse your slave cyl too.

Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 8
J
New Guy
New Guy
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 8
sweet thank you! Is that the correct motor mounts? They are pictured towards the end

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
H
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
H Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
Please review picture policy before the server explodes. I will to in case i missed a memo. In the meantime please put the pix on 3rd party site.

Last edited by Hambone; 03/12/2017 1:12 AM.

~ HB
1966 Chevrolet K-10 | Ghost: formerly Flappy Fenders | In the Stovebolt Gallery
1962 Chevrolet C10
1962 Suburban
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 8
J
New Guy
New Guy
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 8
yeah... They were being loaded from IMGUR.com They werent pulling form your site. There is no way they were bogging down your server. I appreciate all the help... Ill move on to a different forum for help.

Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 189
R
RJ Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 189
i didn't see the motor mount.


Moderated by  Hambone, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0