The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Gray_Ghost, KEVINSKI, HandyAndy), 131 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,100
Posts1,056,514
Members48,448
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1202551 02/01/2017 10:35 PM
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 172
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 172
anybody here have any knowledge or experience with the Rockford T 221 transfer case? Books manuals links anything? Mine did what they all do, leaked until the input shaft bearings dried up and grenaded. I know ...hard to get parts and gaskets and etc but somebody has some stuff out there. And, I am going to fix it. The center shaft for example, how does it come out?

Thanks, Greg


1947 M15 Studebaker 454 4x4
1949 Chevy COE
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix of the COE
1950 Harley FL
1958 GMC LCF 455 3x2bbl
1961 Chevy C60 Tilt Cab 327
1966 Chevy C60 Tilt Cab 496
1961 Chevy K10 sb 292
1974 Harley FXE
1979 Chevy K10 sb
2007 Harley Streetglide


I'm not that good but I'm slow
Goob #1202558 02/01/2017 11:31 PM
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 172
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 172
uh gee thanks guys. found everything to rebuild a t 221 at

Torque King 4 X 4


1947 M15 Studebaker 454 4x4
1949 Chevy COE
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix of the COE
1950 Harley FL
1958 GMC LCF 455 3x2bbl
1961 Chevy C60 Tilt Cab 327
1966 Chevy C60 Tilt Cab 496
1961 Chevy K10 sb 292
1974 Harley FXE
1979 Chevy K10 sb
2007 Harley Streetglide


I'm not that good but I'm slow
Goob #1202580 02/02/2017 1:15 AM
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
H
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
H Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
That didn't take long. I was going to have to dig to find a reference I thought I found at some point. Document your rebuild so I can use your experience some day.


~ HB
1966 Chevrolet K-10 | Ghost: formerly Flappy Fenders | In the Stovebolt Gallery
1962 Chevrolet C10
1962 Suburban
Goob #1202605 02/02/2017 3:34 AM
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 462
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 462
Greg those are the bearings and gaskets from that place, Global transfer supply can totally rebuild 1 . There is also some nos parts on ebay

Last edited by joek3167; 02/02/2017 3:35 AM.
Goob #1202768 02/03/2017 7:06 PM
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 10
W
New Guy
New Guy
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 10
Along the same lines, I've got a leak on my T-221 where the speedo cable plugs into the transfer case. I've been checking around to see if anyone sells that bullet (the thing the speedo cable threads onto), but no luck. I'm guessing the seal on the bullet is shot. Any ideas where I could get one? I checked Torque King and a few other places.

Thanks, Wayne


__________________
'62 K10 Fleetside
Goob #1203000 02/05/2017 6:08 AM
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 788
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 788
Originally Posted by Goob
uh gee thanks guys. found everything to rebuild a t 221 at

Torque King 4 X 4
if you need that back cover piece, back end of input shaft. i do have one. when there is to much end play the rear bearing goes back and wears a droove thu it
ron

Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 172
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 172
I managed to find everything, a back cover main drive gear gaskets shims bearings and seals



1947 M15 Studebaker 454 4x4
1949 Chevy COE
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix of the COE
1950 Harley FL
1958 GMC LCF 455 3x2bbl
1961 Chevy C60 Tilt Cab 327
1966 Chevy C60 Tilt Cab 496
1961 Chevy K10 sb 292
1974 Harley FXE
1979 Chevy K10 sb
2007 Harley Streetglide


I'm not that good but I'm slow
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 172
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 172
there is one on e bay


1947 M15 Studebaker 454 4x4
1949 Chevy COE
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix of the COE
1950 Harley FL
1958 GMC LCF 455 3x2bbl
1961 Chevy C60 Tilt Cab 327
1966 Chevy C60 Tilt Cab 496
1961 Chevy K10 sb 292
1974 Harley FXE
1979 Chevy K10 sb
2007 Harley Streetglide


I'm not that good but I'm slow
Goob #1203200 02/06/2017 8:46 PM
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,983
B
Sir Searchalot
Sir Searchalot
B Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,983
BTW: it is a Rockwell T (Timken) 221 transfer case.


Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn

Moderated by  Hambone, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0