Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,260 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 5,723 24601 | | 24601 Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 5,723 | Mark your calendars for 21-23 April, 2017. Rain or shine.
~ John A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult. 1949 Chevrolet 3804In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum1973 IH 1310 Dump1963 Kaiser M38A12001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley) | | | | | Joined: Apr 2012 Posts: 173 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2012 Posts: 173 | duly marked. Thank you. Looking forward to it.
Alec 51 Chevy 3100 | | | | | Joined: Apr 2012 Posts: 173 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2012 Posts: 173 | duly marked. Thank you. Looking forward to it.
Alec 51 Chevy 3100 | | | | | Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,399 Camp Commandant | | Camp Commandant Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,399 | | | | | | Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 3,599 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 3,599 | Got it on my bucket list and the LDT (Long Distance Team) will be entering the first start competition with a 18 year sleeper. http://s893.photobucket.com/user/2-Ton/library/1951%20no%20bedDon 1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck"The Flag Pole"In the Stovebolt Gallery1946 2-Ton grain truck 1946 3/4-ton pickup, 1953 1-ton pickup 1957 1-ton flatbed dually, 1954 Pontiac Straight Eight Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most! | | | | | Joined: Feb 2013 Posts: 614 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2013 Posts: 614 | What a birthday present!! There's not a better place that I'd prefer to celebrate at!! Life is good!!
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2011 Posts: 402 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2011 Posts: 402 | Can't wait. Already requested leave so I can join the Fredericksburg motorcade.
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2013 Posts: 789 Former BMW Rider | | Former BMW Rider Joined: Dec 2013 Posts: 789 | Hey Don, Isn't that my parts truck? LOL! | | | | | Joined: May 2007 Posts: 1,718 Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters | | Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters Joined: May 2007 Posts: 1,718 | On the calendar. Spring fire construction work party identified. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2013 Posts: 2,234 Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part | | Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part Joined: Jan 2013 Posts: 2,234 | Marked on calendar! My truck will be ready for test drive and fully assembled by April 1st and I am not joking! | | | | | Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 3,599 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 3,599 | Andy It could have been but I have an ODSS member interested in it now, but also just found out, the title numbers don't match the truck numbers. I'll be talking to the DMV tomorrow to see if I can get that corrected. The Homecoming would be a good road trip on your bike and then you would be part of the LDT and help do the first start.
Don 1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck"The Flag Pole"In the Stovebolt Gallery1946 2-Ton grain truck 1946 3/4-ton pickup, 1953 1-ton pickup 1957 1-ton flatbed dually, 1954 Pontiac Straight Eight Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most! | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 | I have it on the calendar, looking forward to seeing everyone! Mike B  | | | | | Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 3,599 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 3,599 | Mike, aren't you the one that got a little crazy with the gas axe last year? http://s160.photobucket.com/user/st...09_zps9ave2h3h.jpg.html?sort=2&o=127I'll be watching you anytime you are near that axe. Don 1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck"The Flag Pole"In the Stovebolt Gallery1946 2-Ton grain truck 1946 3/4-ton pickup, 1953 1-ton pickup 1957 1-ton flatbed dually, 1954 Pontiac Straight Eight Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most! | | | | | Joined: Dec 2013 Posts: 789 Former BMW Rider | | Former BMW Rider Joined: Dec 2013 Posts: 789 | Okay, sign me up for the LDT! I'm looking forward to Homecoming 2017 and have it on the calendar. Recently, I think there was a thread on resolving VIN plate discrepancies....  ....LOL!! | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 | Yes, that was me...someone tagged the door with my name at the end of the weekend lol...anyone want to the credit for doing that? Mike B  | | | | | Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 3,599 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 3,599 | Andy Welcome to LDT. Your help will get you addicted to attending every year. I'll PM you later on what to expect. Once you get past the hazing, you're in the ODSS. Don't worry, they won't leave any marks/scars, that people can see, in the winter, with heavy clothes on.
Mike I was not a witness to the butchering you did to that truck, so I cannot claim credit for your name tagged to the door.
Don 1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck"The Flag Pole"In the Stovebolt Gallery1946 2-Ton grain truck 1946 3/4-ton pickup, 1953 1-ton pickup 1957 1-ton flatbed dually, 1954 Pontiac Straight Eight Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most! | | | | | Joined: Jun 2001 Posts: 793 Bondo Artiste | | Bondo Artiste Joined: Jun 2001 Posts: 793 | I'm out, but looking forward to great photos!
~ Phillip 1949 GMC Suburban - 10 year project 1952 Pontiac Chieftain Convertible straight 8 hydramatic 1945 GMC half ton truck - Driver- Sold 9-15-25 1946 Chevy COE - SOLD 1-5-26 BUH BYE CHEVY! 1959 GMC Half ton long bed NAPCO | | | | | Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 | I'll try to make it. Not sure if I will take the panel. Thanks for hosting again, John & Peggy. | | | | | Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 5,723 24601 | | 24601 Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 5,723 | I haven't told Peggy yet ...
Is that bad??
~ John A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult. 1949 Chevrolet 3804In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum1973 IH 1310 Dump1963 Kaiser M38A12001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley) | | | | | Joined: May 2007 Posts: 1,718 Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters | | Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters Joined: May 2007 Posts: 1,718 | No. Not so bad. Not a big deal to invite a 100 of your dirty, foul mouthed, hungry friends over for the weekend and invite them to bring 1000s of lbs of rusted metal and leaking main seals to be parked in the front yard. No. Not a big deal at all. My wife would roll with that. Can yours?
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2015 Posts: 75 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2015 Posts: 75 | I'll be coming. I hope to have my truck operational enough to drive it up this year, but if not I'll bring it on a trailer. Looking forward to it! | | | | | Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 | I haven't told Peggy yet ...
Is that bad?? How comfy is the dog house? | | | | | Joined: Jan 2013 Posts: 2,234 Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part | | Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part Joined: Jan 2013 Posts: 2,234 | Hambone,
Just because your rusty metal leaks oil, doesn't mean that the rest of ours do!
Any one up for a truck raising end of March or beginning of April? I need some help to test drive before I link up with the homecoming convoy for the drive.
Chris | | | | | Joined: May 2007 Posts: 1,718 Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters | | Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters Joined: May 2007 Posts: 1,718 | Yikes - "a message for your sir"
Chris - Tread lightly, young jedi, we have not witnessed the leak rate on your project yet. Let's get that thing running first so those fluids can find all those seams and seals.
I will bring a drip pan for the both of us and will drink out of the one that does not leak. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 1,424 ODSS President | | ODSS President Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 1,424 | Yikes - "a message for your sir"
Chris - Tread lightly, young jedi, we have not witnessed the leak rate on your project yet. Let's get that thing running first so those fluids can find all those seams and seals.
I will bring a drip pan for the both of us and will drink out of the one that does not leak. "I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man!"
~ Cosmo 1949 Chevy Half Ton Rocinante, like Don Quixote, he is awkward, past his prime, and engaged in a task beyond his capacities. "...my good horse Rocinante, mine eternal and inseparable companion in all my journeys and courses." ...Don Quixote, Cervantes "If you come to a fork in the road, take it."...Yogi Berra "Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength." ...Eric Hoffer
| | | | | Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 5,723 24601 | | 24601 Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 5,723 | yeah, hurray for the man from Texas! Besides, our trucks don't leak ... they just mark their territory 
~ John A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult. 1949 Chevrolet 3804In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum1973 IH 1310 Dump1963 Kaiser M38A12001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley) | | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,280 Renaissance Man | | Renaissance Man Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,280 | No. Not so bad. Not a big deal to invite a 100 of your dirty, foul mouthed, hungry friends over for the weekend and invite them to bring 1000s of lbs of rusted metal and leaking main seals to be parked in the front yard. No. Not a big deal at all. My wife would roll with that. Can yours? You left out lying, cheating, stealing, ill-tempered, moody, rude, and confrontationally argumentative (speaking for myself, of course). Carl
Last edited by 52Carl; 01/28/2017 1:48 AM.
1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2013 Posts: 2,234 Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part | | Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part Joined: Jan 2013 Posts: 2,234 | Hambone, as long as there is no oil, there is no leaks! | | | | | Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,399 Camp Commandant | | Camp Commandant Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,399 | Wait a second....You mean there're not Supposed to leak??? | | | | | Joined: May 2007 Posts: 1,718 Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters | | Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters Joined: May 2007 Posts: 1,718 | Yes Chris that is the corollary to the story - without oil they don't leak. I was going to win that bet by draining the transfer case on flappy prior to your arrival. I will buy a beer for you either way. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2012 Posts: 843 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2012 Posts: 843 | Freya might not like sharing the doghouse
57 3200 pickup 265 V8 with service tray
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 3,599 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 3,599 | Freya will not have to share the doghouse. John will have to sleep in a old Ferd van behind the house or out along the road somewhere.
Don 1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck"The Flag Pole"In the Stovebolt Gallery1946 2-Ton grain truck 1946 3/4-ton pickup, 1953 1-ton pickup 1957 1-ton flatbed dually, 1954 Pontiac Straight Eight Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most! | | | | | Joined: Jan 2013 Posts: 2,234 Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part | | Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part Joined: Jan 2013 Posts: 2,234 | Hambone, I will be drinking and celebrating with everyone once my truck gets to homecoming under its own power! | | | | | Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 1,418 ODSS Lawman | | ODSS Lawman Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 1,418 | Have you guys seen Freya's doghouse? Our buddy JC Milliman is a smart cookie. Freya's doghouse is a three-story building fully stocked with "dog food" with a pool and cellphones do not work inside........
Location? Classified.
SWEET Sergeant At Arms: Old Dominion Stovebolt Society BUNS?!?!?!Where we're going, we don't need no buns.....1950 GMC 450 1951 Chevy 1/2-TonThe GreenMachineIn the Stovebolt Gallery | | | | | Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,399 Camp Commandant | | Camp Commandant Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,399 | I know a place he can go, not three stories, maybe two, no dog food but generally a few cold ones in the frig and maybe a stogie or two in the cupboard....nope, not a dog house but he has slept there quite a bit in the past...... | | | | | Joined: Sep 2016 Posts: 14 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Sep 2016 Posts: 14 | Man, I just realized Spring Carlisle is that week. I have not missed one for years. Really not looking for anything but just enjoy seeing some old friends. Will I miss all the fun if I show up Saturday?
1950 3100 36 Austin 61 Ford 71 MG 39 Packard
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 1,418 ODSS Lawman | | ODSS Lawman Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 1,418 | There is quite a difference between the two. Granted it has been about 15 years since I have been to Carlisle, but let me ask you this:
Lets say you find the most beautiful truck, you sit there all day hoping the owners comes and shows you around and go for a drive. He never comes.
At Homecoming, its never hard to figure out who's truck belongs to who. Not only will you get a ride in it, you may get to drive it, then when you're done, we do the same with your truck. Finally, if there something going on with your truck that you can't figure out, there will be many on site to help you.
Finally, there are going to be some crazy people in a place called the "OR" where folks learn some things and hopefully every truck that enters this OR, leaves better than it entered.
Can you do all that at Carlisle???
There will be plenty of activity on Saturday for sure!
SWEET Sergeant At Arms: Old Dominion Stovebolt Society BUNS?!?!?!Where we're going, we don't need no buns.....1950 GMC 450 1951 Chevy 1/2-TonThe GreenMachineIn the Stovebolt Gallery | | | | | Joined: Sep 2016 Posts: 14 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Sep 2016 Posts: 14 | LOL, I don't plan on bringing another project home. I do a lot of walking and might buy a part or two. I go up Thur. spend the night and come home Fri. afternoon. Its been a ritual for a small group for a long time. I will be there Sat. for sure and I'll bring my 50. Looking forward to it.
1950 3100 36 Austin 61 Ford 71 MG 39 Packard
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2016 Posts: 21 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jul 2016 Posts: 21 | Hope to have the truck able t drive that far by then. Sounds like a lot of fun! | | | | | Joined: Jan 2012 Posts: 843 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2012 Posts: 843 | Last year I rode in a truck in the morning and that afternoon after it had been in the shed and I was amazed at how it was it was SWEET AS a weekend well worth the effort all this talk about a homecoming has got me thinking how I can do it again
57 3200 pickup 265 V8 with service tray
| | |
| |