| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
2 members (dt235sd, Peggy M),
76
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,130 Posts1,056,713 Members48,454 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 1,061 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 1,061 | I have found a tail light assembly for the rear door of my 46 1 Ton Panel. It appears correct with the plate holder and two single filament bulbs. I have not been able, yet, to find another unit for the other door.
How have you solved the problem of getting the proper lights on the back? The rear doors will not clear mounting much on the bumper.
1946 1-ton Panel 1952 1-ton Comml. W/Grain Body | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 7,441 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 7,441 | My custom '48 Burb has the tail lights cut into the rear bumper.
Martin '62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress) '47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project) ‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily) ‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence) “I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one! Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop! USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 | Some of us have the optional lights mounted on the side of the vehicle, halfway up. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2016 Posts: 496 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2016 Posts: 496 |
1950 SUBURBAN / SCHOOL BUS A.K.A "THE SCHOOL RUST"
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 1,061 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 1,061 | I have thought up two options, one was to mount later model lights on the doors. I have a left and right, ready to reassemble. The other option is some bullet lights on the side. I also have two earlier model lights that mount the traditional style lights. I don't want to look too modern, but the older lights aren't really lighting my fire in the looks category.
The door mount AD style with the bullets lights for turns may be what I end up with. Still working this out in my head.
1946 1-ton Panel 1952 1-ton Comml. W/Grain Body | | | | | Joined: Feb 2010 Posts: 323 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2010 Posts: 323 | A lot of guys use 39 car tail lights.Not a bad option.Ive been wondering about using a small LED lights behind the rear door glass.
These old bolts are in my blood. Hard thing is focusing on just one.
1937 Chevy 1/2 ton panel 1953 GMC 2 ton. future car hauler
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,270 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,270 | I use the original-option style side-lights/lamps for brake/driving/turn (now with 6v dual "filament" LED lamp/bulb) and the original lamp on the rear driver's-side door with a 6v dual "filament" LED lamp/bulb (brake/driving "lamps"). Much brighter than original 6v bulbs - as bright as 12v LED bulbs. | | |
| |
| |