The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Gray_Ghost, RLB, ShopRag, Otto Skorzeny, 52Carl, baldeagle), 98 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,130
Posts1,056,714
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,061
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,061
I have found a tail light assembly for the rear door of my 46 1 Ton Panel. It appears correct with the plate holder and two single filament bulbs. I have not been able, yet, to find another unit for the other door.

How have you solved the problem of getting the proper lights on the back? The rear doors will not clear mounting much on the bumper.


1946 1-ton Panel
1952 1-ton Comml. W/Grain Body
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
My custom '48 Burb has the tail lights cut into the rear bumper.


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Some of us have the optional lights mounted on the side of the vehicle, halfway up.

Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 496
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 496
+1 for bumper lights.


1950 SUBURBAN / SCHOOL BUS A.K.A "THE SCHOOL RUST"
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,061
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,061
I have thought up two options, one was to mount later model lights on the doors. I have a left and right, ready to reassemble. The other option is some bullet lights on the side. I also have two earlier model lights that mount the traditional style lights. I don't want to look too modern, but the older lights aren't really lighting my fire in the looks category.

The door mount AD style with the bullets lights for turns may be what I end up with. Still working this out in my head.


1946 1-ton Panel
1952 1-ton Comml. W/Grain Body
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 323
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 323
A lot of guys use 39 car tail lights.Not a bad option.Ive been wondering about using a small LED lights behind the rear door glass.




These old bolts are in my blood. Hard thing is focusing on just one.

1937 Chevy 1/2 ton panel
1953 GMC 2 ton. future car hauler

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
I use the original-option style side-lights/lamps for brake/driving/turn (now with 6v dual "filament" LED lamp/bulb) and the original lamp on the rear driver's-side door with a 6v dual "filament" LED lamp/bulb (brake/driving "lamps"). Much brighter than original 6v bulbs - as bright as 12v LED bulbs.


Moderated by  MNSmith, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0