The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (Shade Baby, Pete1946, frogfarmer, baldeagle, 1955 1 Series, Jon G, 1 invisible), 97 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,106
Posts1,056,213
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1198451 01/05/2017 11:35 PM
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 1
A
Moderated
Moderated
A Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 1
Hi! New member here, and wanted to introduce myself. I am 60, retired, and have been playing fix-em-up with old junk cars and trucks for as long as I can remember. I started out being partial to GMs and mostly Chevys. I learned to drive in dads 1954 Bel Air convertible. My first car was a 1957 Chevy 210 2dr post with a 235. My first truck was a 1969 Chevy C10.

I was/am a design engineer and worked in the automotive industry, primarily with reinforced plastic components. As a supplier, I worked on conceptual design and development of the C3 and C4 Corvettes, and the Pontiac Fiero. Oddly, I ended up at Ford in Dearborn as a body engineer in Truck Operations in the late '80s and early '90s before starting my own design and engineering business.

I am now a hobby farmer and junk restorer. My current project is a 1950 Chevrolet 3804 one ton pickup. I am down to the bare frame. I have just finished painting it, and am working on replacing axle seals, renewing the brakes, and cleaning up chassis parts for painting and reassembly. I rebuilt the engine last winter, and it's waiting it's turn to be reinstalled.

I'm not very fast, and I get interrupted frequently by other projects, so this will be a long term restoration. Just wanted to say "Hi", and am looking forward to being part of the Stovebolt forum!

'dale

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Hello, 'dale,

Welcome to Stovebolt.com.

Get 'er done at whatever speed suits you.

Keep us informed on your progress (maybe with links to some pictures).

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Aberdale, welcome to the Stovebolt. We look forward to sharing and learning from each other. I'm sure you have much to contribute. Be sure to check out the tech tips, gallery photos and to do a search.
Keep watch for others from you area. We know they are there!


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 31
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 31
Welcome 'Dale from Wakeman, Ohio! You will enjoy the site lots of good information & plenty of great people!
Bill


Bill's Auto Works
Your QUALITY Stovebolt Transporter | Est. 1983
Read more!
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Welcome to the site, 'dale. Sounds like you have things planned out well. We're here to help if you run stuck. Good luck and don't be in a hurry, it's a hobby.
Leo

Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,063
Big Bolt Forum Moderator
Big Bolt Forum Moderator
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,063
welcome to the site!


Mike
1955 Chevy 6400 ex-flatbed (no bed now!) sold September 2023
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1958 Chevy 6400 flatbed W/dump
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1959 Chevy Suburban Owned for almost 20 years, Daily Driver -- sold May 2016
In the Stovebolt Gallery

Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 321
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 321
Originally Posted by Aberdale
I am now a hobby farmer and junk restorer. My current project is a 1950 Chevrolet 3804 one ton pickup. I am down to the bare frame. I have just finished painting it, and am working on replacing axle seals, renewing the brakes, and cleaning up chassis parts for painting and reassembly. I rebuilt the engine last winter, and it's waiting it's turn to be reinstalled.

I'm not very fast, and I get interrupted frequently by other projects, so this will be a long term restoration. Just wanted to say "Hi", and am looking forward to being part of the Stovebolt forum!

'dale
Hi Dale

Check out my photobucket page....I rebuilt a 1953 1 ton pickup truck too...guys on here are crazy smart with these trucks...

welcome to the craziness ...

MikeC


1951 Chevy 3800 1-Ton
Howard Knapp
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1948 Chevy 1-Ton (sold Nov 2017)
1953 Chevy 1-Ton (sold 10/1/2016)

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0