The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Woodcmiami, Gib70, Phak1, 3B, treegrower), 92 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,625
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1188524 10/27/2016 10:10 PM
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,214
V
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
V Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,214
Been running used 225 75R 16's for about 14k miles and had no problems with the tubeless tires holding air so I knew I could continue with tubeless. The 225's were too wide and scraped either the frame or fender/box sheet metal on the rear and they were a bear to steer so I went with a different thinner size on the new radials.
I went with LT215 85R 16's and the ride and steering is a 100% improvement. The name brand of the tires is Crosswind and they ran about $110 apiece, mounted and balanced including taxes.
A few pics:
Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4
Pic 5

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Checked on some LTR 215 85R 16's today for a guy and the price here in my area was $547...........Basically the same price.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 843
Y
yar Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Y Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 843
Is there anything similar for 17 inch wheels? My '36 pickup original size tires are 5.25/5.50 - 17.


Ray

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0