The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Charles in CA, TrknGMC), 84 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,633
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1187046 10/17/2016 12:05 AM
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 4
7
New Guy
New Guy
7 Offline
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 4
Howdy. My name is John and I am the proud owner of a 1972 GMC Sprint. The "car" (can't quite bring myself to call it a truck) was purchased for my teenage son but is too much a project for him so I bought it back from him. It runs well, we drove it from NC to Miami, and has a very nice interior but has some serious rust issues. It came with one quarter panel to install and will need various other patch panels.

Incidentally, my "backyard truck" is a 1994 V-6 GMC C-1500. Quite a few years ago, I owned a project '57 GMC that I gave to my dad when he wanted something to play with. That turned out to be too much for him and I gave him one of my Alfa's instead that needed much less work. Ended up selling the GMC without doing much more than installing a 350/400 in it and getting it to move under its own power.

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Welcome John, those trucks are quite rare. Someone else here recently had one, had the SP option. So now you and your son can work on it together. I hope you can fix the rust issues. Good luck. Leo

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Welcome to the Stovebolt, John. There are quite a few GMC guys here so watch for them. As your no stranger to mechanic's I'm sure you'll fit in and maybe even teach us a thing or two.
Post any questions you may have in the garage forum and let us help you with your problems.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 574
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 574
Welcome to Stovebolt!! I recently picked up a '72 Sprint as well... Unique critters, but that's what makes 'em fun!

Anyway, make yourself at home, and try not to let the Stovebolt fever take over.... Otherwise you'll have too many projects!! grin


1949 Dodge Coronet
1955 2nd Chevy 4400 1.5 ton
1955 2nd Chevy 3100 1/2 ton
1955 2nd Chevy 3100 1/2 ton
1957 Chevy 5400 LCF 2 ton
1966 Dodge D100 Sweptline
1968 Chevy P20 stepvan
1969 GMC LWB pickup
1972 GMC Sprint
1974 CP30 shorty bus

There are three things that I've learned never discuss with people: religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin.----Linus Van Pelt
Trying to understand the behavior of some people is like trying to smell the color 9 big_eek



Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 4
7
New Guy
New Guy
7 Offline
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 4
Thanks, y'all. Funny thing, based on my search for car forums, I thought this was a GMC forum but I see it is also for Chevy. In that case, back in the early '90s, I bought a somewhat ratty '67 C10 from a friend. It was painted in black rattle-can primer and was pushed along by a tired 283 and three-on-the-tree. When the 283 gave out, I bought a 4-bolt 350 and TH400 out of a Chevelle. I built up the engine pretty nicely including having a very competent shop do the heads. With that in the C10 and the black primer, I had a pretty nice little sleeper. Snapped a universal the first time I stood on it at all. Sold it to a friend that was seriously lusting for it and made a good deal in a trade for cash plus a pretty silly little Toyota pickup with a 305 shoehorned in. This was before these '67 pickups started appreciating.

Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,063
Big Bolt Forum Moderator
Big Bolt Forum Moderator
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,063
welcome to the site!


Mike
1955 Chevy 6400 ex-flatbed (no bed now!) sold September 2023
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1958 Chevy 6400 flatbed W/dump
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1959 Chevy Suburban Owned for almost 20 years, Daily Driver -- sold May 2016
In the Stovebolt Gallery

Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0