The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (JW51), 151 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,279
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#118406 11/06/2005 3:46 AM
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 21
M
New Guy
New Guy
M Offline
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 21
I just mounted my cab back on the frame. A local guy repaired the cab with new cab corners and a floor pan/toe board panels. I am trying re aling the brake pedal, but he hole is about a quarter inch lower than the pedal...my question is whether it is best to shim up the cab to create alignment or to enlarge the pedal hole to make the fit??? I think a quarter inch shim on each side will do the job, but will this mess up the alignment of the fenders?

Thanks, Mike

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
F
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
more likely you'll find you hack the holes, then later hafta shim the cab to get the front to fit!

be best to make sure the cab is properly positioned and mounted, and loosely fitting the front metal will help w/ that

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 571
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 571
Yeah, Like Red said, I would fit the front parts THEN deal w/ the pedals. Just MY2¢

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 662
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 662
I don't know what truck your working on, but if it's an AD, do you have the rubber pad between the frame and cab support? It's about a 1/4".

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 343
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 343
The factory assembly manual does have specifications for cab height off the frame rails. I would make sure that the cab height is within spec and then adjust the holes in the floor boards as necessary. I am in the process of installing after market floor boards in my truck and they definitely need to be modified to make them work correctly. I had to drill many holes and add metal in other areas, but I have not even tried to see how the pedals are going to fit yet.


1954 GMC 1/2-ton Longbed
1971 Pontiac LeMans Sport

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0