The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (klhansen, tricordati, Pre '68 Dave), 91 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,096
Posts1,056,477
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 32
P
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
P Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 32
Hey guys! I'm in the process of finishing up my 46 rebuild and have come to a crossroad. I was planning on using the original 2 piece windshield frame with new glass. However, when I took the frame apart for painting I found some rot right underneath the center bar at the bottom. I really don't see any way to fix it properly, and I really don't want to pop for $500 plus for a new frame.

My question is...... does anybody have any experience with the V bend, one piece windshields? If so do they fit and what vendor did you use.

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
hang in there paintman. I know they exist and that some vendors have them but I cannot lead you to one.
I'd suggest trying some of the vendors listed in the Links section of the tech tips......or someone will be along shortly.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 32
P
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
P Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 32
Originally Posted by Achipmunk
hang in there paintman. I know they exist and that some vendors have them but I cannot lead you to one.
I'd suggest trying some of the vendors listed in the Links section of the tech tips......or someone will be along shortly.

I know were to get the glass, theres a couple of vendors. I was just wondering if they fit properly

Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,096
E
Crusing in the Passing Lane
Crusing in the Passing Lane
E Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,096
I have seen two piece ones that were attached with clear silicone, almost invisible.

Ed


'37 GMC T-18 w/ DD 4-53T, RTO-610, 6231 aux., '95 GMC running gear, full disc brakes, power steering, 22.5 wheels and tires.
'47 GMC 1 ton w/ 302, NP-540, 4wd, full width Blazer front axle.
'54 GMC 630 w/ 503 gasser, 5 speed, ex fire truck, shortened WB 4', install 8' bed.
'55 GMC 370 w/270, 420 4 speed, grain, dump bed truck from ND. Works OK.
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 888
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 888
Don't know how they fit but there was a seller on Ebay. Have fun and good luck...........
Dan

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,832
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,832
We have found it very difficult to put a one piece or V-Butt glass in any truck that came with a roll out windshield and make it look decent. There are gaps where the roll out mechanism fit and also a big gap between the frameless glass and the dash. One can black out around the perimeter to hide some but the big gap from glass to dash is still there and all the roll out hoels need filled and smoothed. Here is a 1940 with a V-Butt and a 1948 with a one piece. Note the 40, though a nice truck, the windshield around the edge is not so nice while the 48, which did not have the roll out windshield, looks quite good.

http://s32.photobucket.com/user/coilover/media/StudeJustins40CougarCat004-1.jpg.html

http://s32.photobucket.com/user/coilover/media/onepiecewindshield001.jpg.html


Evan

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0