Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,100 Posts1,056,510 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2013 Posts: 614 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2013 Posts: 614 | Just happened to click into my favorite site, and there it was in Red. Happy Birthday John!! Enjoy your day!!
Last edited by 53 green 1- ton; 06/29/2016 2:34 PM.
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 3,606 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 3,606 | Well John, Happy Birthday and another year closer to full retirement or just doing what you want.
Don 1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck"The Flag Pole"In the Stovebolt Gallery1946 2-Ton grain truck 1946 3/4-ton pickup, 1953 1-ton pickup 1957 1-ton flatbed dually, 1954 Pontiac Straight Eight Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most! | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,270 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,270 | | | | | | Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 5,727 24601 | | 24601 Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 5,727 | Thanks Gents! My daughter is swinging by my office to take me to lunch. I get to pick where ...  Don -- 1,087 days to go until USG retirement. I plan to never be "Fully Retired." As long as I can maintain my own farm and my DOT physical, I always want to be doing *something.* Never been one to just sit ... well, sit longer than, say, three* beers and a cigar ...  Never been much of a golfer for that reason -- about the 3rd hole, I start thinking about all the more important stuff I should be doing.  (*note for Billy Marlow ... I know, I know. With my high public profile, I have to at least appear to set a good example)
~ John A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult. 1949 Chevrolet 3804In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum1973 IH 1310 Dump1963 Kaiser M38A12001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley) | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | Sad its not winter time. All those candles would help cut down on the heating bill! Happy Birthday big'un. Hope you get your favorite cake.
....high profile? good example? Who we talking about, Peggy?
Last edited by Achipmunk; 06/24/2016 7:50 PM.
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2012 Posts: 843 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2012 Posts: 843 | John don't forget your shifter when out for lunch that odss crew might catch you out they like a drink anyone been caught out lately
57 3200 pickup 265 V8 with service tray
| | | | | Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 5,727 24601 | | 24601 Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 5,727 | Mikey caught me without my wrench yesterday 
~ John A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult. 1949 Chevrolet 3804In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum1973 IH 1310 Dump1963 Kaiser M38A12001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley) | | | | | Joined: May 2007 Posts: 1,718 Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters | | Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters Joined: May 2007 Posts: 1,718 | Funny thing. Grigg III caught me yesterday as well. Guess jug of ice tea is my fine. Happy birthday. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 1,418 ODSS Lawman | | ODSS Lawman Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 1,418 | My wrench can be seen from afar thanks to the paint job Birthday Boy did for me.
SWEET Sergeant At Arms: Old Dominion Stovebolt Society BUNS?!?!?!Where we're going, we don't need no buns.....1950 GMC 450 1951 Chevy 1/2-TonThe GreenMachineIn the Stovebolt Gallery | | | | | Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 568 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 568 | I keep my trusty wrench with me at all times. Use it daily for odds and ends. Helped make a baler adjustment the other day.
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,290 Renaissance Man | | Renaissance Man Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,290 | For those of you who have never met our Grand Puba, he is the most regular kind of guy you will ever meet. He talks to you like he has known you for years, why, he'll even eat food right off of your plate! He won't even wait until you are out of sight... Happy belated. Carl
Last edited by 52Carl; 06/28/2016 4:54 AM.
1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2012 Posts: 843 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2012 Posts: 843 | Please enlighten all stovebolters about the shifter ground rules it is very interesting
57 3200 pickup 265 V8 with service tray
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2012 Posts: 173 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2012 Posts: 173 | John, Belated Happy Birthday!!!!
Billy, Nice job on the holster!!! either one looks great! I ended up using a nylon holster that had something else because my leather skills are nil. Yours is really nice!
Alec 51 Chevy 3100 | | | | | Joined: May 2007 Posts: 1,718 Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters | | Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters Joined: May 2007 Posts: 1,718 | Sleeping bag for a wrench. Who would have thought.... | | | | | Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,399 Camp Commandant | | Camp Commandant Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,399 | Carl, one minor correction to make (well not minor to one J Crosby but...) that would be Grand Poobah. His Grand Poobahnes gets a little touchy if it ain't spelt right.
Alec, Jim, the pictures make them look better but each one I do I figure out how to correct the mistakes I made on the last one. Really not that difficult to do, just takes a little time. Worked out perfect as far as what I was hoping to end up with.
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 1,418 ODSS Lawman | | ODSS Lawman Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 1,418 | Billy does your holster keep the "shifter" in place while inverted?
Don't act like you're not sure either!
SWEET Sergeant At Arms: Old Dominion Stovebolt Society BUNS?!?!?!Where we're going, we don't need no buns.....1950 GMC 450 1951 Chevy 1/2-TonThe GreenMachineIn the Stovebolt Gallery | | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,290 Renaissance Man | | Renaissance Man Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,290 | Carl, one minor correction to make (well not minor to one J Crosby but...) that would be Grand Poobah. His Grand Poobahnes gets a little touchy if it ain't spelt right. I stand corrected! I even Googlized it prior to my original post. I was, however, sloppy in digging deep enough to see all of the possible spellings. Thank you for saving me the wrath of the notorious meal stealer. Carl
1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,399 Camp Commandant | | Camp Commandant Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,399 | At this stage in my life, the situations that I might find myself "inverted", are fewer and farther between (perhaps if JM and I had gotten together and celebrated his big Birthday!!)( hey, I'm a moderator, just need to keep it on topic...sort of..)but, if I were somehow to become inexplicably inverted, have no fear my shifter is secure. Tight. Like a tiger. Seriously, the wrench in the sheath is a little snug but I'm sure it will loosen up after a while.
Carl, just lookin out for you. No you don't want the wrath. | | | | | Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 5,727 24601 | | 24601 Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 5,727 | Carl -- For the record, you abandoned that meal, Sir. If I may draw your attention to the ODSS By Laws (Edition of 29 June 2016 Supercedes all previous editions), Section 18 ("Food and Meal Time Ceremonies and Other Rituals"), Page 763, Subsection XXIV, Para 13:
"Desireable food items left unattended in plain view longer than 90 seconds become fair game."
Of course, Section 53 ("Secret Countermands and other Signals"), Page 42, Subsection V, Para 3 is germane:
"Any claimed item (food, part, tool, etc) on the "Field of battle" (i.e., restaurant, junk yard, tool vendor space) will remain in a protected status whilst unattended if being guarded by an approved ODSS token (Wrench, jacket, or other item clearly identifiable as being official ODSS). Guarded meaning touching or in some other fashion close proximity and clearly visible."
Which, in your case, was not the case. Ergo, they became *my* nachos.
Should you wish to protest this further, I suggest you retain counsel and bring it before the next ODSS Disciplinary Council Open Session, currently scheduled for the Tri-State Show at Winchester.
And speaking of birthdays, Happy happy to Joe today!
~ John A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult. 1949 Chevrolet 3804In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum1973 IH 1310 Dump1963 Kaiser M38A12001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley) | | | | | Joined: Feb 2013 Posts: 614 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2013 Posts: 614 | John, Are you sure your not a attorney
Maybe NCIS | | | | | Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 1,418 ODSS Lawman | | ODSS Lawman Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 1,418 | That is why he is the ODSS head prosecutor.
Billy I don't think you give yourself enough credit. I've seen you in action on the battlegrounds. Do you recall showing off during the last Fulton Ring drill?
SWEET Sergeant At Arms: Old Dominion Stovebolt Society BUNS?!?!?!Where we're going, we don't need no buns.....1950 GMC 450 1951 Chevy 1/2-TonThe GreenMachineIn the Stovebolt Gallery | | | | | Joined: Nov 2012 Posts: 443 Stovebolt Photo Moderator | | Stovebolt Photo Moderator Joined: Nov 2012 Posts: 443 | 1947 - 3800 dually known as "Deadwrench"Link to a few photosIn this world there are givers and takers. The takers eat well, the givers sleep well. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 3,606 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 3,606 | Just for the record. The ODSS shifter will be required by any ODSS members at the Reunion. I will be checking! Tim is excluded, due to airport security. I'm sure Leo will have his. Grigg, Do you have any more?
Don 1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck"The Flag Pole"In the Stovebolt Gallery1946 2-Ton grain truck 1946 3/4-ton pickup, 1953 1-ton pickup 1957 1-ton flatbed dually, 1954 Pontiac Straight Eight Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most! | | |
| |