The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 90 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,141
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#116461 06/10/2005 2:40 PM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 7
C
Junior Member
Junior Member
C Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 7
I would like to build rear fenders that are two inches wider. what are the steps involved in doing this? where do you cut and add? Thanks for all the help you guys (and gals) have been over the years.

#116462 06/10/2005 10:43 PM
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 272
I
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 272
I think someone has done this on a 46 or so. And has pics on their site. If no one gives you a response other than this that works try the greasy spoon or general truck forum.

I have also seen in one of the truck magazines a shoddy step by step.


Don't you know who I think I am?
I've been thinkin' about freaking out. If I could just find the time.
http://community.webshots.com/user/ifrizlfri
#116463 06/11/2005 12:58 AM
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
i am not a body man, far from it. i have seen shows and read articles on this and they usually cut the fenders down the middle and add the extensions there. it gives you more to work with each side. even on the shows like american chopper with much smaller fenders they do the same thing. hope this helps. RON


Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.
1954 3100 Chevy truck
In the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
See more pix
1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
#116464 06/12/2005 6:25 AM
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 170
K
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
K Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 170


Regards, Kevin
1940 1/2-ton (Uncle Willie\'s truck)

Thanks for the help so far fellow Bolters!
#116465 06/17/2005 4:25 PM
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 331
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 331
Came to pass
If you need more pics or info go to my profile and email me

#116466 06/17/2005 4:34 PM
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 331
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 331
If you go to the fat fenders album you will see that we did an ofset cut, that way you have somewhere to tack the fenders and you know that they are lined up properly.
http://photos.yahoo.com/sublime589


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0