The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (TUTS 59, klhansen, cmayna), 76 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,099
Posts1,056,501
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 42
S
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 42
Hello everyone, I'm at a loss as to how to mount my cigarette lighter to the dash of my 1959 Apache. Here's a link to a pic of the lighter and the middle hole that I want to mount it to.

There are no flanges on the lighter to mount it to the dash. I'm not sure how these were mounted.
https://swenracer.smugmug.com/Trucks/59-Apache/i-VGrTdc7/A

Thanks!

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
It is two pieces, it then screws back together to hold itself in place. The chrome outer shell is a thin wall piece that screws to the body/element.

Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 42
S
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 42
Thanks a million! I don't think I would have tumbled to that. I just unscrewed the two pieces like you said and am going to install it now.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
You are not the first by any means, glad to help, your truck looks great.


Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0