The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Ponchogl, Wheelie, John Dlugos), 93 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,128
Posts1,056,358
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1159486 04/10/2016 2:17 AM
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 12
5
New Guy
New Guy
5 Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 12
I tracked down the truck that sat in my yard growing up, a 1955 Napco 4WD 1/2 ton!

It has the V8(v code, non orig motor)
Rockwell Tcase/ with 3/4 ton front axle
Rust(character).

I aim to restore, as original as possible! This will stay in the family as long as I'm alive, I plan to take it on the trails, camping, to work on occasion. I have read a ton on here, and got a lot of help already from others posts, thank you!

I got the motor fired up after sitting 20+ years, a 70's 327, very healthy, drove it around the yard with no brakes, she may stay for a while. I started on brakes, was going to rebuild the master cylinder, but the bore is far too corroded to ethically put back in :)

-Trevor

Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,063
Big Bolt Forum Moderator
Big Bolt Forum Moderator
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,063
welcome to the site! Sounds like a great truck, and cool it was in your yard growing up!


Mike
1955 Chevy 6400 ex-flatbed (no bed now!) sold September 2023
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1958 Chevy 6400 flatbed W/dump
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1959 Chevy Suburban Owned for almost 20 years, Daily Driver -- sold May 2016
In the Stovebolt Gallery

Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Welcome Trevor. Sounds like a cool truck, nothing wrong with a 327, but I don't think they made those in the 70s, just the 60s.
Be sure about those brakes, they can corrode from the inside so it could be worse than you think. Good luck with it.
Leo

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Welcome to the Stovebolt. How about a picture or two when you get it all figured out. See ya in the garage forums.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 336
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 336
Welcome Trevor.....You have yourself a fine truck to own! I'm envious...........


1959 3100 Apache Fleetside
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 174
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 174
Welcome Trevor,
AHHH... the '55 2nd series NAPCO with the Rockwell transfer case! You WILL have lots of fun with this truck, (and after it is on the road) more questions from admirers asking what it is!!! Believe me.......... I know..... I own one! A good handful of NAPCOs out there but they have the Spicer set up.......Rockwells are few and far between!!!! Good Luck with it, and if ya have some questions, send me a message. More than happy to help!


Stranger
Frank in Iowa

1955 Second Series Chevrolet Shortbox NAPCO with a Rockwell Transfer Case
"Mater's Cousin"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix in Photobucket

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0