The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (59 fleet, 3800GUY, Charles in CA, IHPWR), 144 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,107
Posts1,056,225
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#475518 11/26/2008 5:04 AM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,154
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,154
Hi....is there a source for a "CHEVROLET" decal for a 1954/3100 dash. T/C Steve

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269

No - do you have a steady hand?

Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,644
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,644
What does it look like?


Woody
Your Brother in Bolthood

My 1951 half-ton 'Ol Red

Save the VINTAGE DOOR ART! Please contribute photos.
Door Art Collection
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,186
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,186
I believe it's just white paint.

Bruce


My Trucks
Stuff I Collect
If it doesn't matter if you win or loose.......why do they keep score?
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,299
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,299
Unless it has a two tone deluxe interior in which case it is the lighter of the two colors. From the factory, it looked like a bad stenciling job.

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,154
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,154
OK....this is an official job for the wife. She will do a good job of it better than me! T/C Steve

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
They do make decal stickers for the dash lettering. I don't remember which but try JimCarters, Classis Parts or another vendor. I know they are out there.....at least for 52-52 ect. and surely a 54?


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269

Classic Parts and Jim Carter (and others) sells the Chevrolet dash-lettering decals for earlier years but they do not appear to sell the decals for 54/55 Chevrolet. If anyone finds a vendor and part number, it surely they would be nice if they would post it here (I have few more 54 dashes to paint).


Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,299
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,299
I plan to take truck down to sign shop eventually where they make and cut out vinyl lettering and see if they can't photograph, size and cut out a stencil set. Probably a springtime project. I will let you know if it works.

Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 277
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 277
Did anyone ever figure out a way to stencil or mak the dash ?

Originally Posted by Greg_H
I plan to take truck down to sign shop eventually where they make and cut out vinyl lettering and see if they can't photograph, size and cut out a stencil set. Probably a springtime project. I will let you know if it works.


1955 First Series 3100

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0