Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
2 members (Rusted Nut, 1 invisible),
75
guests, and
4
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,100 Posts1,056,513 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2013 Posts: 603 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2013 Posts: 603 |
Last edited by Old coe; 01/24/2013 7:35 PM.
57 GMC LCF 370 55 John Deere 40-W 59 John Deere 430-W 2000 GMC 4x4 56 John Deere 420-W Pix on Photobucket | | | | | Joined: Oct 2008 Posts: 126 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2008 Posts: 126 | It worked; Cool GMC. I like those fenders. Enjoy your new project...
Darrell, W.L. 1939 Chevy COE tow truck/My Stubbed toe 1939 Chevy 2 door Sedan
Car chat means talks about Chevy's. All other car makers only build transportation. I don't work on my cars, I entertain my self in my garage, so my nabor tells me.
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 | Hy Old coe, thanks for the pictures of your LCF (Low Cab Forward)
Last edited by 3B; 01/24/2013 10:48 PM. Reason: spleling
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2010 Posts: 1,159 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2010 Posts: 1,159 | hi,oldcoe(LCF). I like the truck. Those swing-out fenders have to come in handy for maintenance. There's one up here in Iowa,except it's a '55 Chev.5100. No swing-out fenders. Wheels are different,too. 10-lug, 5-hole as opposed to 6-hole,6-lug.I have pic's of it on my "Photobucket" link,if you're interested. Not my truck,but if I had a shop and a donor...B.T.W...It's posted under "Trucks For Sale",as well. Please keep us up-dated on your progress! Thanks!! | | | | | Joined: Jan 2013 Posts: 603 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2013 Posts: 603 | Maybe just GMC had the swing out fenders?
57 GMC LCF 370 55 John Deere 40-W 59 John Deere 430-W 2000 GMC 4x4 56 John Deere 420-W Pix on Photobucket | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 | Chevrolet didn't have the swing out fenders...that was GMC only. As a side note, GMC had more than one front clip for there LCF offerings. Some of them had the fender extensions on the door like Chevrolet and some had smooth doors without the extensions. Mike B  | | | | | Joined: Nov 2010 Posts: 1,159 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2010 Posts: 1,159 | Chevrolet didn't have the swing out fenders...that was GMC only. As a side note, GMC had more than one front clip for there LCF offerings. Some of them had the fender extensions on the door like Chevrolet and some had smooth doors without the extensions. Mike B  Man Alive,Tri-5! I really admire your collection! just to add: Some of the big G.M.C.'s,(like crenwelge's "Old G.M.C. Arrives in Texas"(,posted here in "Big-Bolts),were equipped with a T.F.-style (of course),5-window cab! I'd love to find a cab like that,for my T.F. 6500! | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 | Thanks Willy, The GMC TF 5-window cab was made that way to help stiffen the cab and prevent distortion due to chassis twisting. They also added door alignment wedges which kept the doors from popping open. These wedges bolt to the inside of the cab close to the striker plate. Mike B  | | | | | Joined: Feb 2014 Posts: 60 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2014 Posts: 60 | Please let me know if this is all thats needed to upload my Photobucket page here.
George Penick (burrpenick) | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 | George, Are you trying to add something to this 3 year old thread? If so it didn't work. You need to up load your pictures to Photobucket or some other hosting site and then copy and paste the address link to your photos. See how Old GMC Gold did it at the top of this thread... Mike B  | | | | | Joined: Feb 2014 Posts: 60 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2014 Posts: 60 | i had the photobucket link- didnt see it there though. I also sent it to the contact addy on the site? Didnt see how to find the area of the forum to send it? can you see if the webmaster got it? If not, tell me how. thanks, George | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 | George, The webmaster doesn't host the pictures you do. Do you have a Photobucket account? If yes, click on the picture you want us to see that's in your account, then right click the address at the top of your screen and come back to this site and paste that address into a message. That's it... Mike B  | | | | | Joined: Feb 2014 Posts: 60 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2014 Posts: 60 | I dont know what category to paste my picture link in? Didnt see one for PICTURES. Newcomers? General? | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 | Looks like you put them in General...that's good place to start! Mike B  | | | | | Joined: Feb 2014 Posts: 60 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2014 Posts: 60 | ok, does that mean I'm done........and will be able to see them in the photos soon? How do I find mine, by username? George | | | | | Joined: Feb 2014 Posts: 60 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2014 Posts: 60 | Maybe you could get the webmaster to add a link or option to the PHOTOS page/section where member could post these links to their pics instead of trying to figure out where? George | | | | | Joined: Feb 2014 Posts: 60 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2014 Posts: 60 | So I sent the link w/an explanation, will they not show up? You saying I have to do more! no way.......hoping you can post those in my stuff, I'm not good with the web stuff
Last edited by burrpenick; 01/06/2016 5:15 AM.
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 2,988 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 2,988 | If you submitted them according to the instructions, they will eventually get put into the gallery. You need to be patient. The people who set up the gallery submissions (I believe it is Peggy) do it in their free time when they're not busy living their own lives. So hang in there, and it will get in there at some point. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 7,441 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 7,441 | Sometimes it can take several weeks to get your Gallery submission entered. I agree posting photos can be a pain in the keester if you are computer challenged as I am. Be patient, they will show up eventually.
Martin '62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress) '47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project) ‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily) ‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence) “I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one! Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop! USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 5,086 Authorized Pest | | Authorized Pest Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 5,086 | Okay ... I am here. I don't think I have any info on your truck for a Gallery story (but that color sure looks familiar). For the short term, I have added a photo link to your signature. That way you'll at least have that each time you post. If you want to start some of the story of the truck in the Big Bolt forum (or the DITY forum), go ahead and get started and keep adding to it. Let me know when it's close enough (end me an email or PM). Send me your phone #, too so we can finish up any details over the phone. As many have heard over and over, I have had a frozen shoulder since June. I haven't been able to do much of anything. It's only been about three weeks that I can use the computer at all. And now, I can work in here without *much* pain in my arm. So I am in a serious catching up phase. I may have to pull a few allnighters like in the old days! Man, I think I was much longer on those old days. Always want to include those who want to be included. I somehow get started on some submissions that never wrap up. You have two major things already there: pictures on a site and YOUR NAME!! Now we just need the story. Ditto for Old GMC Gold! Peg
~ Peggy M 1949 Chevrolet 3804"Charlie" - The Stovebolt FlagshipIn the Gallery"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill | | | | | Joined: Feb 2014 Posts: 60 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2014 Posts: 60 | A short story:
Found the project on Craigslist in Tampa. The seller had already installed the sbc,AT/8.8"/4.11/trac-loc rear end in the 2000 Ford Ranger Edge chassis- which came with power rack and pinion steering,4 wheel disc brakes, and torsion bar front suspension. He had also shortened the chassis about 10''s. I had to finish that rear axle modification by 'C' cutting/reinforcing the frame, installing a fuel cell, plumbing the brakes, modifying the PS, and on and on. I did all the paint and body work and sprayed it with a low gloss single stage Urethane (mint green and Wimbleton white. Installed a cut down seat out of an S10, an altered '55 BelAir dash, and Weld wheels, w/diamond plate fire wall, bed, and tail gate.
Last edited by burrpenick; 01/06/2016 7:33 PM.
| | |
| |