The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 191 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,141
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 141
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 141
Guys,

Which would you suggest I replace first, the cab corner or the rocker panel? All three are shot (inner & outer rocker), and I don't know where to start! click here to see a pic.

I'm also going to replace the floor & floor supports.


Mike from Alabama
My truck on Stovebolt
My website
Why do we drive on a parkway, and park on a driveway?
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,384
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,384
Floor support, then floor, then rocker. Cab corner & rocker can be done either way, as long as all lines up. Brian


My \'64\'s in the Gallery
Pictures in my Photobucket
1964 C10 Custom Cab 350/700R4
1964 Suburban 350/700R4
1979 Ford F350 4x4 400/c6
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 591
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 591
There are a number of articles on the replacement of these components and suggested sequences. One is in the "How to Hot-Rod a Tri-Five Chevy" book, (I'm sure that is not the actual title), Also Tom Brunnell's (sp?), book on "How to Restore Your Chevrolet Truck" (again not sure the title is accurate), has a section on those repairs. Lastly, a number of magazines have run articles on this sequence of repairs, Rod & Custom about a year ago being the most recent I can remember.

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 510
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 510
Quote
Originally posted by 64fleetside:
Floor support, then floor, then rocker. Cab corner & rocker can be done either way, as long as all lines up. Brian
I don't need to replace the floor and supports (well, just a little patching), but I'm replacing the rocker panels now (right side is done, left side half done) and I'll do the corners afterward.

Some pics and narrative here.

I'd sure like to get this part finished, so that I can move on to the go-fast stuff. smile

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 141
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 141
Thanks, fellers! I purchased 'How to restore your Chevrolet Pickup' by tom Brownell last night. It should be here next week sometime.

Again, thanks for the info!


Mike from Alabama
My truck on Stovebolt
My website
Why do we drive on a parkway, and park on a driveway?
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 141
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 141
Can I replace the floor supports with the cab still on the frame? I planned on doing as much as I could while the cab was on the frame for rigidity and lineup purposes.


Mike from Alabama
My truck on Stovebolt
My website
Why do we drive on a parkway, and park on a driveway?
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 142
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 142
good job!


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0