The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (fonz8261, Oswald), 157 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,125
Posts1,056,337
Members48,440
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 47
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 47
Hi again,
When I bought this project truck, the owner told me the engine was running when the manifolds were taken off. I am in the process of rebuilding and just got to the distributor, but I am not sure it is correct for the engine. I don't want to screw up a freshly rebuilt engine so I would appreciate your help with this.

The dizzy is a Delco Remy Model - 1112353 with S/N - OC25

help!!!!!!

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
1112353 is from a 1949-50 216 engine.

I THINK a 54/235 should have a 1112388...someone here posted a sheet showing the numbers for years 29-62. I printed it out but don't have a link to it. It may even be in the Tech Tips?

Last edited by Achipmunk; 12/23/2015 4:16 AM.

1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,337
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,337
Distributor numbers by year.
I would confirm which cam material you have first Gear ID.


See the USA in your vintage Chevrolet!
My Blog
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 47
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 47
Thanks guys, through the machine shop I have a new cam with what I can only imagine would be steel.

Also, Dave, the page at your link says I should have a "short cap", but the one I have appears normal. So I guess my question is, will this distributor work for a 235?

Thanks!!

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,337
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,337
It is only important that gears match, steel distributor gear to steel cam, or cast distributor gear to cast cam.
Chevrolet does say that a cast distributor gear can be used on a steel cam.


See the USA in your vintage Chevrolet!
My Blog
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 420
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 420
I would go with a gm HEI ..I put one in my 46 1/2 ton when I rebuilt the motor and have no problems at all...speedway motors sells them.....it also eliminates the use for a coil, and I have a 1956 235 in my truck

Last edited by hoozat; 12/26/2015 4:24 PM.

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0