The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (1955 1 Series, 3800GUY, Shade Baby, TooMany2count, Bluesky54), 131 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,110
Posts1,056,274
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 135
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 135
I have a 1950 3100 farm truck and I want to keep the weathered work truck appearance. The emblem on the front of the hood has no clips left. So my options are to get a new reproduction which will not match the rest of the truck or find a different method of attaching the old emblem to the hood. I could also get a new one and make it look old.
Anyone have a clever effective way to attach this old emblem to its old truck?

Jackie

Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,901
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,901
If the new one uses the same clips order one use the new clips on the old emblem and throw the new emblem in a box under the bench.


Give me ambiguity
or give me something else
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,280
5
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man
5 Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,280
The clips are not removable.


1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 338
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 338
We love pictures. Share your clips etc.
There's more ways to skin a cat.


~~ Darcy

1959 GMC 9310 Canadian- built Shortbox Fleetside Deluxe
FootStomper
In the Stovebolt Gallery
In the Project Journals Forum
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 135
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 135
That's what I thought....

I think I might give this a try..... http://www.gorillatough.com/heavy-duty-mounting-tape

Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 135
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 135
The clips are completely gone..... I haven't bought a reproduction yet, that's my last resort.

Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 135
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 135

Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,067
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,067
That's definitely some "patina" on that emblem. wink

Nice straight truck. Good looking. thumbs_up

How about a few daubs of epoxy putty to remount the emblem?


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
JB Weld?


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 277
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 277
Big glob of silicone caulk. Easier then JB weld to remove if you change your mind.

Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,067
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,067
Originally Posted by Donf
Big glob of silicone caulk. Easier then JB weld to remove if you change your mind.
That's a good idea too. Hold it in place with some duct tape while the silicone cures.


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 338
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 338
Here's your answer.
www.lord.com
No, it's not a religious site. It is actually automotive panel bonding adhesives. The very best. Check it out.


~~ Darcy

1959 GMC 9310 Canadian- built Shortbox Fleetside Deluxe
FootStomper
In the Stovebolt Gallery
In the Project Journals Forum
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 924
U
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
U Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 924
Does a company owned by them have a subsidiary company with a separate LLC endeavor selling single tubes to certain distributors or something?

A specific link to a product might help share the product. I'm interested.

Brad


Wrench Fetcher, PhD
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
Originally the back had a provision for a stud/bolt

...pic...

Looks like yours are missing

I don't know if I would epoxy the emblem to the truck
You might be able to epoxy a bracket to the back for studs?
Or just epoxy 4 nuts to the back of the emblem, run studs and flange nuts on the inside.

I just reinstalled my original badge, mine was in a little bit better shape than yours , I was able to weld new studs on the old mounts
...pic...
...pic...
...pic...
...link...

I used 10/24 ...studs and flange nuts...

Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 924
U
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
U Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 924
DADS - can you post where you got the Auveco flange nuts & how much the pack you have pictured cost please?

And do you make all those trucks in the background?

Thanks
Brad


Wrench Fetcher, PhD
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
I picked those up at carquest auto parts store

If you don't have a carquest try one of the others and I have seen them on eBay. Search for a pal nut

The models I purchase already built off eBay

Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 135
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 135
This is the path I took....4 nuts J.B. Welded to the back of the emblem, 4 studs installed, 4 each of fender washers, lock washers and nuts (also a bit of paint) and now my very weathered badge will stay with my very weathered truck!
I will post pictures soon.

Thanks for all the advice!!

Jackie

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
pix

Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 135
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 135
Repaired Hood Emblem
Pictures of badge repair attempt... I'm pretty confident it will hold up!

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
It will last as long as you own the truck. Good job!


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
Nice save





Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0