The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Roy Rodgers, Oswald, Brian Moore), 124 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,279
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1133848 11/11/2015 2:04 AM
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 28
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 28
I got this truck over the summer, started working on it, runs pretty good, still working on brakes, interior, windows (anyone have a downloadable rear window template?) and hunting a 9ft bed.
But mostly I've been taking photos of it.
Here's a link to my photobucket image folder....

http://s215.photobucket.com/user/smashsquatch/1946%20Chevy%201point5%20ton/story

Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 28
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 28
Well, I found the proper piece of glass, trim and an install tool on Jim Carter site.

Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 171
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 171
You have a nice looking project. Do you have a set of wheels for the truck? I have similar truck but an early '47 GMC short wheelbase dump truck. I have the 8 vent hole rims, like what you have on the back of your truck, and was luck to locate what I needed for a full set. Do you need any wheels? Do you have the PTO for your transmission?
Al


smile Alan

1947 (early) GMC EC-302 Dump Truck
Jimmy
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix in Photobucket
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 28
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 28
Thanks. I have one extra (the 8 vent you mentioned) The others are all 5 vent (I have 2 fronts and 4 for the rear) although I only plan on running 2 rear, I'm keeping the other 2 in case I want to set it up as a dually again. The 8 vent rear belongs to the guy I bought it from and I told him I'd give it back when I get my tires mounted to the other rims.
I AM in need of some tires all the way around.
No PTO unfortunately. I'd like to set up a PTO winch on it.

Last edited by tailhole; 11/13/2015 3:45 AM.
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
Not sure what trans you have, but if it's an SM420, I have a PTO...PM me about it if interested.

Mike B smile


Mike Boteler

1956 Chevy 3100 Resto Rod
1952 Willys M38 Army Jeep
1983 Jeep CJ7 Laredo
1984 Jeep CJ7
+++++
Silver Spring, MD
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 28
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 28
thanks, I sent an email of interest.

Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 667
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 667
Sweet lookin'ld rig. Is that a stainless grill?


1946 1.5-Ton Chevy Shorty Bus
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Tango's 1946 Chevy "Skoolie" Project
All my best --- Tango

Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0